Texas Climate & Carbon Exchange
Texas Climate & Carbon Exchange (TCCX) is a global carbon credits trading network hosted on the electronic platform of CTX. TCCX trades voluntary carbon credits and will trade California compliance credits. Our network allows member companies exposure to worldwide credit buyers and sellers with easy to use, transparent, and instantaneous transactions. TCCX is adding members and credit products constantly, for a vibrant, diverse market.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Climate Change
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- less than $1,000,000 US
Texas Climate & Carbon Exchange (TCCX) is an emissions offsets mercantile dedicated to global trading of carbon offsets and credits for cities, corporations, utilities and individuals in exchange for hard currency, credit, goods and services.
TCCX was established in 2011 as both a voluntary greenhouse gas reduction and offset trading program, as well as a cap and trade offset trading program. TCCX will help businesses, industries and individuals to monetize their voluntary emissions reductions efforts, while preparing for potential regulation at the local, statewide, national and international levels.
The TCCX voluntary system provides a means for businesses to quantify the true impact of industry’s effect on our climate, while realizing the economic advantages of adopting environmentally friendly business practices. Cap and trade has not been legislated yet in many markets; however, competitive branding in this era of social networking marketing demands environmentally friendly corporate incentives.
By establishing a market-based price for reducing emissions of carbon and other greenhouse gases, TCCX facilitates investment in new technologies and innovative products. This helps companies to build their brands, while developing the skills and institutions needed to manage environmental risks.
Commodities traded on the TCCX include carbon offsets, renewable energy credits, emissions allowances and other environmental attributes.
Looking to purchase or sell carbon credits in the voluntary or regulatory carbon market? Texas Climate & Carbon Exchange offers an unparalleled trading platform which is robust, transparent and secure.
TCCX enables its members to buy and sell carbon credits quickly, cost effectively and securely by:
- Providing an electronic platform that clears trades for regulatory and voluntary carbon credits
- Offering a transparent marketplace for trading carbon credits including the only source of real time regulatory and voluntary carbon credit pricing information, sorted by location, vintage, standard and technology
- Giving credit originators easy and quick access to an international marketplace and additional outlet to market, increasing return on investment, eliminating the need for Emissions Reduction Purchase Agreements (ERPAs) and Voluntary Emission Reduction Purchase Agreements (VERPAs)
- Ensuring a trustworthy marketplace and removing risk in the delivery-vs-payment process
- Removing the need for expensive hardware or virtual private networks (VPNs), the exchange is completely web-based and uses Microsoft Cloud Technology to ensure exchange uptime and security
Whether you are a broker or a business looking to purchase carbon credits for voluntary or compliance purposes, or a project developer looking to sell credits, the TCCX trading platform offers numerous benefits:
- The only cost effective solution to trade in both the regulatory and voluntary carbon market
- Live bid-offer spreads
- Delivery-vs-payment mechanism – zero delivery risk
- Secure and transparent global marketplace with T+0 electronic transactions
- A cost effective solution for managing risk exposure to compliance schemes or becoming carbon neutral
- Large choice of voluntary projects – access to over 250 projects
- Search for voluntary projects by price, standard, project type, and location
- Pricing and volume transparency
- Market indices – see exchange trends and previous transactions
- No need for VERPAs or ERPAs
- Full anonymity
- Flexibility on transaction sizes – minimum transaction size is 100 tons for VERs and 1000 tons for CERs
- The ability to structure multi-product transactions
- Timestamps to allow you to see when a bid or offer was entered or when a trade was executed
- Access to all voluntary project documentation, such as the Project Design Documents (PDDs) and marketing materials including images and videos