We work with a wide and diverse range of clients, from sole traders to government departments. Each one of our clients has unique requirements and we relish each challenge. However, we never forget that it’s your baby and that you’ll always want the reassurance of a safe pair of hands.
- Business Type:
- Professional association
- Industry Type:
- Environmental - Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- 1,000,000 - 10,000,000 €
Our reputation for making organisations stand out was established in 1969, starting as a specialist in certification scheme management. In 1997, the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry approved the use of the word ‘British’ in our new corporate title in recognition of our pre-eminent status.
Today, we certify organisations to recognised standards including ISO 9001 (quality management), ISO 14001 (environmental management), ISO 27001 (information security management) and OHSAS 18001 (health and safety management), while providing associated training alongside. Outside of ISO standards, we design and manage bespoke assessment schemes. Such schemes are based on the establishment of standards, which can be developed to be recognised company-wide, industry-wide, nationally or internationally.
Certification benefits organisations because it helps them to establish standards and improve their performance. It promotes consistency and continuous improvement, and can help organisations gain external finance, qualify for tenders and sets them apart from their competitors.
Our brand is revered as a hallmark for quality and rigour. From Government agencies to owner-managed businesses, our clients depend on our systems and services to measure, test and monitor the competence and performance of their people and processes.
We are active in the area of standards setting and are expert contributors to the influential British Standards QS/01 and AUS/01 committees. These committees are responsible for representing the UK in the development of a range of management and audit standards, as a member of the International Standards Organisation (ISO).
Our primary business goal is to be recognised as the most customer focused Certification Body in our industry. To back this up, independent satisfaction surveys show that for 3-years in a row, 99% of our customers said they would recommend us. We have also achieved external recognition and are award winners for our ‘Customer Service and Commitment’.
Our performance is overseen by an independent Impartiality Committee and we conform to the internationally recognised standard ISO 17021. We have also been a recognised Investor in People since 1999.
Above all else, we believe it essential to work with our clients as true partners. Our maxim ‘without fear or favour’ typifies our ethical approach. We will never allow the fear of consequences or the promise of favour to influence our professional judgement.
As a growing business, working within the vibrant local community of Kings Hill, West Malling, we’re in the perfect position to contribute positively to the economic vitality of the area through our recruitment, procurement, environmental and corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategies.
Our CSR strategy focuses on 3 key areas: ‘Our People’; ‘Our Community’ and ‘Our Environment’.
We’re proud to hold the coveted Investors in People Gold accreditation, demonstrating our commitment to nurturing and developing our team. It’s important that our people are the focus of our CSR strategy – not only in the development, planning and delivery of our aims, but also as direct beneficiaries of the outcomes.
Here are just some of the initiatives we’ve implemented to acquire, manage, develop and retain our people in a valuing, sustainable way;
- Recruitment within the local area for all centre team posts
- ‘Ring-fence’ questions related to BAB’s core values within the interview process
- Survey our team every 6 months
- Recognise every employee’s birthday and work anniversary
- Competitive salary and benefit packages, regularly reviewed against industry benchmarks
- Working towards the Investors in People Health and Wellbeing Award
- Regular reviews and proactive personal development plans
As a successful local business, we are passionate about being a part of and contributing positively to our local community. We want to inspire and encourage those around us, drawing in new talent, supporting those starting out in business and utilising our experience, and a proportion of our profits, to assist those in need throughout the local community.
Some great ways we have been supporting out local community, and beyond, include;
- Introduced our BAB ‘Charity of the Year’ initiative. In 2015 we raised raised over £3,000 for Bloodwise and in 2016 we’re aiming to exceed this target for our nominated charity – Macmillan Cancer Care
- Taken part in a company-wide volunteering challenge, removing Ragwort at Rainham Marshes
- We are a Patron of the Kent Invicta Chamber, where we provide free advice at events and sponsorship of their annual awards
- We prioritise local suppliers in all purchasing decisions
The British Assessment Bureau has maintained an Environmental Policy and an Environmental Action Plan (EAP) since 2007.
Just some of the things we do to ensure we’re sensitive to our environment and support environmental sustainability follow below:
- Use Skype and webinar technology as an alternative to some face-to-face meetings
- Scrap and recycled paper used for all in-house printing
- Strict recycling policy at Head Office
- Field Auditors kept within a 60 mile radius of their home