The Construction Health and Safety Group (CHSG)
The Construction Health and Safety Group (CHSG) was formed in 1952 and is a company limited by guarantee, with charitable status. CHSG is a recognised and respected provider of quality training and support to construction and associated industries.
Our Aims are:
- To protect and preserve occupational health and safety in the Construction Industry
- To study those aspects of the industry and related operations necessary to improve occupational health and safety and to arrange and provide suitable training to meet these needs
- To foster and develop co-operation between government, employers and trade unions in matters concerning health and safety.
To do this we:
- Maintain close and regular contact with organisations and bodies like the Health & Safety Executive, British Standards, other health and safety organisations like the British Safety Council, ROSPA, IOSH, NEBOSH, CSkills.
- Make sure our training courses are current and valid and meet industry needs and, where appropriate, are accredited to the appropriate examining bodies
- Make sure our trainers are competent, ie have the right mix of qualifications, industry experience and training skills, that they keep up to date with legislative and industry changes
- Communicate with our members to make sure we are providing the level of training and support that they require
- Hold monthly meetings with presentations from industry specialists on topics that are current and relevant. Providing a forum for members to discuss relevant topics and best practice
- Working closely with the Health & Safety Executive to support the construction and associated industries, assist them with maintaining legislative compliance and promoting safe working practices
- Training is provided in a relaxed atmosphere at our training centre in Chertsey. The three lecture rooms are air conditioned with modern audio visual equipment.
The Construction Health and Safety Group (CHSG) was formed in 1952 with a membership of 17 representatives from the major construction companies in the London area.
In 2012 it celebrated 60 years of remarkable achievement and sustained success in the field of accident prevention, having established itself as one of the premier safety groups and main providers of construction safety training in the country. It has a reputation for the delivery of first class training, where customer care and efficient, effective service is a priority.
CHSG, now a company limited by guarantee, with charitable status, has a membership in excess of 350. Senior safety professionals from member organisations are elected to form the management board which meets bi-monthly, and the day-to-day operations of the Group are controlled by a small dedicated staff led by the General Manager.
Training is provided in a relaxed atmosphere at our training centre, which is ideally located in Chertsey, Surrey with easy access to road, rail and airport links. The three lecture rooms are air-conditioned, comfortable and equipped with the most modern audio-visual equipment. The centre also houses the Group’s administrative offices and staff.