The European Association for Renewable Energy (EUROSOLAR)
EUROSOLAR develops and encourages political and economic action plans and concepts for the introduction of renewable energy. These range from market entry strategies to proposals for future research and development policies, from tax breaks to solar energy use on conversion sites, from the contribution of solar energy to the developing world to agricultural, transport and construction policies.
- the European Association for Renewable Energy was founded in 1988. It is a registered non-profit organization that conducts its work independently of political parties, institutions, commercial enterprises and interest groups,
- is dedicated to the cause of completely substituting for nuclear and fossil energy through renewable energy,
- regards solar energy supply as essential to preserve the natural resources and a prerequisite for a sustainable economy,
- acts to change conventional political priorities and common infrastructures in favor of renewable energy, from the local to the international level,
- brings together expertise from the fields of politics, economy, science and culture to promote the entry of solar energy,
- provides the opportunity to play a part in the sociocultural movement for renewable energy by joining the association for everyone,
- considers full renewable energy supply a momentous and visionary goal - the challenge of the century to humanity.
The highest bodies are the European Delegates' Assembly at the international level and the general assembly at the national section level.
EUROSOLAR is represented by an international executive committee, a president and the vice-presidents, and by a national executive committee at section level.
As a membership based, non-profit organization, EUROSOLAR, the European Association for Renewable Energy, is financed from membership fees and donations only.
The EUROSOLAR team at the Bonn offices is made up of full-time and part-time employees. Please refer to your right to learn who is in charge of subjects of interest to you.The head office of EUROSOLAR is based in Bonn, Germany.
Internship at EUROSOLAR
EUROSOLAR e.V. regularly seeks interns as part of a student compulsory internship for at least two months in the area of project management and public relations at the EUROSOLAR e.V. office in Bonn. We offer a practical insight into the dynamic field of renewable energies as well as the opportunity to gain experience in the work of an international NGO.
Tasks and workspaces
- Research on current political, legal, social and technical aspects of renewable energies
- Assistance in the preparation and organization of events
- Content and editorial cooperation at the 'Solarzeitalter'
- Dedicated and self-employed students of all disciplines with an interest in the use of renewable energies
- Fit in dealing with common office applications as well as the social media, experiences with Joomla are an advantage
- Basic knowledge in the fields of energy, climate and environment are of advantage
- Good knowledge of German (B2 and higher)
EUROSOLAR develops and encourages political and economic action plans and concepts for the introduction of renewable energy.
These range from market entry strategies to proposals for future research and development policies, from tax breaks to solar energy use on conversion sites, from the contribution of solar energy to the developing world to agricultural, transport and construction policies.
They address and initiate action at the international level and also the national, regional and local levels. In this way political, scientific, technological and business expertise and grassroots commitments become an important part of EUROSOLAR's platform and produce guidelines, proposals and mandates for action.
EUROSOLAR works towards a broad-based sociocultural movement in support of solar energy and towards mobilizing new political and economic initiatives and a respectful relationship with the environment in architecture and urban planning.
EUROSOLAR arranges numerous high-profile conference series and exploratory meetings on the national, European and international levels such as:
- 'Solar Energy in Architecture and Urban Planning'
- the World Renewable Energy Assembly (WREA)
- 'Farmers as Energy and Resource Suppliers'
- The International Renewable Energy Storage Conference and Exhibition (IRES)
- 'City Utility Companies using Renewable Energy'
EUROSOLAR members receive discounted registration fees to EUROSOLAR conferences.
It formed the World Council for Renewable Energy (WCRE) in June 2001 and established its registered office.
At EUROSOLAR's initiative 'Grüner Strom Label e.V.' was founded in 1999 to certify green electricity offerings, using demanding criteria to ensure environmental benefit. It verifies that green electricity is genuine green electricity derived from regenerative resources and that a fixed part of customer payments is used for investment in new renewable energy plants. It provides electricity supplier accreditation and awards the label 'Grüner Strom' ('Green Power') at gold and silver levels.
In co-operation with its national sections, EUROSOLAR presents the European Solar Prize and in several countries the National Solar Prize. Since 1994, the European Solar Prize has rewarded towns, companies, individuals and organizations for outstanding service to the use of renewable energy.
EUROSOLAR members include natural and juridical persons (such as political institutions, companies and associations).
Counting among its members are numerous parliamentarians (ranging from the European Parliament to regional parliaments), scientists, architects, engineers, tradesmen, farmers, teachers and other citizens who are dedicated to the widespread use of renewable energy, renewable energy companies and solar associations, scientific institutes, trade unions, regional and local governments, municipal and council district administrations. We would be delighted about your decision to back our work and to become a member of EUROSOLAR. Gain the advantages from being a EUROSOLAR member and > enjoy EUROSOLAR’s expertise in politics, economy and science > qualify for discounted registration fees to our events.
The highest bodies are the European Delegates' Assembly at the international level and the general assembly at the national section level. To date EUROSOLAR's sections are in Austria, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxemburg, Russia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine and the United Kingdom. EUROSOLAR is represented by an international executive committee, a president and the vice-presidents, and by a national executive committee at section level. As a membership based, non-profit organization, EUROSOLAR, the European Association for Renewable Energy, is financed from membership fees and donations only. The EUROSOLAR team at the Bonn offices is made up of full-time and part-time employees. Please refer to the contact section to learn who is in charge of subjects of interest to you.
EUROSOLAR, a registered not-for-profit association, financed itself by membership dues and donations in 2013. EUROSOLAR’s annual budget amounted to aprox. €720,000. EUROSOLAR staff in 2013 was ten employees: four full-time, four part-time staff and two freelance workers. Total personnel costs: €270,000. Expenditure for equipment, rent and materials: €88,000. 2013 activities in the form of work with the public (quarterly journal 'Solarzeitalter'), campaigns, seminars, German and European Solar Prize awards and international conferences were partly supported by partners and sponsors. Third party costs of all activities: €362,000. Sponsorship revenue: €63,000, conference registration fees: €379,000. 74 per cent of the membership fees in the amount of approx. €163,000 came from natural persons, 26 per cent from juridical persons. Donations to EUROSOLAR amounted to €4,000 in 2013. Further revenues from (feed-in of solar energy, sale of conference materials, Solarzeitalter quarterly and other publications as well as from interest): €38,000. The balance amounting to €73,000 was taken from reserves. Thank you to all of you who supported EUROSOLAR!
This section presents an overview of EUROSOLAR publications. You will find a list of books published by EUROSOLAR and Honorary President of EUROSOLAR Hermann Scheer, EUROSOLAR President Peter Droege and others. It also shows studies published or commissioned by EUROSOLAR. Please also find out more about our two magazines. You can follow up events organized by EUROSOLAR in the conference proceedings. Moreover, read the memoranda & papers published by EUROSOLAR, as well as articles by the late Hermann Scheer, Peter Droege and other fellow activists at EUROSOLAR, released in newspapers, magazines and other publications.