The University of British Columbia, Continuing Studies Centre for Sustainability
The University of British Columbia is a global centre for research and teaching, consistently ranked among the 40 best universities in the world. Since 1915, UBC’s West Coast spirit has embraced innovation and challenged the status quo. Its entrepreneurial perspective encourages students, staff and faculty to challenge convention, lead discovery and explore new ways of learning. At UBC, bold thinking is given a place to develop into ideas that can change the world.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- University / Academia / Research
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Inspiring Curiosity, Developing Ingenuity, Stimulating Dialogue
UBC Continuing Studies is an academic unit of the University of British Columbia, an institution that consistently ranks among the 40 best universities globally. We offer outstanding flexible learning experiences that advance our students’ careers and enrich their lives.
Our award-winning programs, taught by outstanding instructors from UBC and the community, are designed with our students’ emerging career and personal development needs foremost in mind. Whether online, face-to-face, or through a combination of the two, we deliver our programs in formats and schedules that are accessible, practical, and convenient. And with hundreds of innovative courses and dozens of programs in a wide array of subject areas, UBC Continuing Studies attracts lifelong learners from Metro Vancouver, across Canada, and around the world.
UBC Continuing Studies is an academic unit that inspires curiosity, develops ingenuity, stimulates dialogue and facilitates change among lifelong learners locally and internationally. We anticipate and respond to emerging learner needs and broaden access to UBC by offering innovative educational programs that advance our students' careers, enrich their lives and inform their role in a civil and sustainable society.
What do we offer lifelong learners?
- Flexible learning through part-time schedules and online formats
- Award-winning UBC programs specifically designed for adult learners
- Outstanding instructors drawn from campus and off-campus communities
- Enriched educational experiences based on proven teaching methods
- Personalized educational guidance from lifelong learning professionals
How do we serve lifelong learners?
- We value their input as adult learners
- We respect their life experiences and educational backgrounds
- We work with them to develop personalized learning plans
- We empower them to achieve their learning objectives
- We create opportunities to network with fellow students
Over 75 Years of Lifelong Learning at UBC
UBC's commitment to adult education is rooted in the earliest days of the university's history, but began more formally in 1936 when the Department of University Extension was formed to recognize that 'in a complex society such as ours, learning must be a continuous process through life.' (Dr. L.S. Klinck, A Plan for Adult Education in British Columbia, an address to the Vancouver Institute, November 1935)
Fast forward to the present day and UBC Continuing Studies remains committed to the vision of our founders. While the nature and diversity of our programs have certainly changed, our goals remain the same. We strive to offer inspiring and engaging flexible learning opportunities that will enrich your life, advance your career, and help you make positive contributions to your community.
UBC Continuing Studies at a Glance
- We are part of a leading research university ranked among the top 40 worldwide.
- We are one of the largest non-credit university continuing education units in the world.
- Established in 1936, we have a long history of providing flexible learning.
- We attract over 20,000 enrolments annually.
- We serve students from over 70 countries.
- Over 20% of our total enrolments are in online courses.
- Over 20% of our courses are new each year.
- In 1995, we offered one of the first 100% online web-based courses.
- In 2013, we launched one of the first MOOCs offered by UBC.
- Over 90 industry experts serve on our program advisory committees.
- We offer over 1,200 course offerings each year.
- Our courses are taught by outstanding campus and off-campus instructors.
- We offer 25 UBC certificate programs.
- Over 1,000 adult learners participate in our certificate programs each year.