Handheld Thermo Scientific Niton x-ray fluorescence (XRF) analyzers embody our mission of enabling customers to make the world a healthier, cleaner, and safer place. These high-performance analyzers provide users with information they can use to drive compliance programs that ultimately promote peace of mind for their businesses and their customers.
Founded more than 20 years ago, we are the world’s leading producer of handheld x-ray fluorescence analyzers, with more than 25,000 units installed worldwide. In addition to our headquarters in Billerica, Massachusetts, USA, we maintain offices in Munich, Germany, and Hong Kong. A culture of innovation and a distinguished history of breakthrough achievements have defined our instruments since we introduced the first handheld XRF analyzer in 1994.
Lightweight and rugged, Thermo Scientific Niton XRF analyzers are purpose-built to provide elemental analysis in a nondestructive, point-and-shoot operation. We offer detection with a difference…a range of products that are specifically engineered to deliver new levels of performance, unmatched features, and seamless upgradeability. Now the all-new Thermo Scientific Niton XL2 GOLDD and Thermo Scientific Niton XL3t GOLDD+ join our family of handheld XRF analyzers. Like all of our analyzers, you benefit from:
- Rapid, multi-element analysis – instantaneous results
- High throughput, exceptional accuracy, outstanding precision – a more comprehensive testing program
- Ease of use – can be operated easily by any technician
Take measurements anytime, anywhere for accurate elemental concentrations available in seconds rather than the hours or days it can take for a traditional testing laboratory. You save significant expense while achieving a greater level of productivity than you ever imagined, giving you a real competitive advantage.
Whether it is the air we breathe, the water we drink, the land we live on, the toys and other child-accessible products that our children are exposed to, or the electronic components in the technology we use, Thermo Scientific Niton XRF analyzers meet the needs of the most demanding applications.
- Environmental testing – definitive results for delineating the boundaries of soil contamination, home lead paint inspection including RRP Rule compliance, dust sample analysis, airborne exposure to pollutants, and on-site analysis of drywall & metal surfaces for sulfur attack from Chinese drywall (Niton® XLp 300 Series, Niton XL2 Series, Niton XL3t Series, Niton XL3t GOLDD+ Series)
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) & halogen-free compliance – fast, accurate measurements for complying with regulations and initiatives aimed at limiting the entry of toxic elements into the waste stream (Niton XL3t Series, Niton XL3t GOLDD+ Series)
- Hi-rel & tin whiskers screening – precision screening to ensure that certain substances restricted under RoHS, particularly lead, remain in the product components for those industries having high-reliability exempt applications (Niton XL3t Series)
- Toys & consumer goods – quick and easy testing for lead, cadmium, mercury, and other toxic metals in toys, jewelry, apparel, furniture, and other child-accessible products (Niton XL3t Series, Niton XL3t GOLDD+ Series)
- Mining & exploration – unprecedented performance at all stages of the exploration process for instant access to chemical assay…on-the-spot mine mapping, geochemistry during geochemical exploration, and real-time answers on the mine face (Niton XL2 Series, Niton XL2 GOLDD Series, Niton XL3t GOLDD+ Series)
- Metals & alloy analysis – purpose-built for verifying the composition and grade of metal alloy materials for the scrap metal recycling, positive material identification (PMI)/Oil&Gas, metal fabrication, precious metals, and coatings analysis markets (Niton XL2 Series, Niton XL2 GOLDD Series, Niton XL3t Series, Niton XL3t GOLDD+ Series)
- Archaeometry – unparalleled testing solutions to unlock the secrets of art and artifacts in the field, in the lab, or on the museum wall (Niton XL3t Series, Niton XL3t GOLDD+ Series)
Manufactured in the United States, every Thermo Scientific Niton XRF analyzer, component system, and software program is tested under our strict quality program. From the inside out, these revolutionary handheld instruments are designed to make you more successful.
From the value choice Niton XL2 Series to our Niton XL3t GOLDD+ Series analyzers that offer the ultimate performance in a feature-rich package, our award-winning instruments are purpose-built for taking measurements on-site, with accurate results available almost instantaneously. These easy-to-use, nondestructive analyzers provide integrated storage of all test results, which are completely tamperproof. Multiple communication option are incorporated, including Bluetooth™ wireless and USB communications.
Our Thermo Scientific geometrically optimized large area drift detector (GOLDD) technology delivers faster measurement times and lower detection limits – as much as 10-times faster than conventional Si-PIN detectors and up to 3-times more precise than conventional smaller silicon drift detectors (SDD). This innovative technology also allows light element analysis of magnesium (Mg), aluminum (Al), silicon (Si), phosphorus (P) and sulfur (S) without helium purge or vacuum assist. When joined with advanced Thermo Scientific Niton analyzer proprietary electronics, new levels of analytical capabilities are realized.
Thermo Scientific Niton XRF analyzers also come standard with Thermo Scientific Niton Data Transfer (NDT©) software, a suite of data management utilities that allows users to set operator permissions, print certificates of analysis to document results or operate the analyzer remotely from a PC. The NDT file format preserves and protects the data from each sample analysis, ensuring that this data is not unintentionally or intentionally compromised.