Transient Technologies LLC
Transient Technologies LLC is a leading Ukrainian developer and manufacturer of Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) equipment. Company’s engineers have been leading the research and development in the field of ultra-wide band (UWB) technologies since 1998. Both Transient Technologies’ progressive manufacturing, and vast technical experience of our staff ensure the best solutions in searching for underground items and nondestructive subsurface inspection taking into account all the most exacting demands of our customers. Our representatives from 16 countries provide distribution and ensure full technical support of GPR products of Transient Technologies LLC. Innovative technologies being used in design of our GPR equipment and its reliability allowed our products to become the one of the most recognizable brands between worlds’ leading GPR manufacturers. The registered trademark of our GPR equipment is VIY.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Soil and Groundwater Monitoring and Testing
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
Transient Technologies LLC is a leading Ukrainian manufacturer of Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) equipment. Our products are based on thorough scientific researches carried out by our engineers since 1998. The innovative technologies used in GPR equipment and reliability of our products let us to become one of the most recognizable brand between world’s leading GPR manufacturers. Transient Technologies LLC constantly works on new useful features of GPRs to provide our customers with the best solution to find underground items and nondestructive subsurface inspection where that is necessary.
The registered trademark of our GPR equipment is VIY®
Our products are helpful tools for:
- Pipes, cables finding and mapping on the location plan. Material of items can vary - metal, plastic, concrete, asbestos, fiber-optic etc.
- Investigationg before building (searh for subsurface items, concrete structure's fissures and vesicles location, ground waters and karst cavities finding)
- Non-destructive archaeological investigations
- Eco- and geological explorations (soil structure examination, searh for underground reservoirs and subsurface pollution areas etc.)
- Forensics and military applications (underground passages and shelters finding, search for illegal burials etc.)
- Bridges and roads structure assessment
- Ice and snow thickness measurment and structure analysis
- Caves exploration
Main advanteges of VIY3 series GPRs:
- Quick system deployment on the location
- Handy and reliable monoblock case design
- Durable fiberglass bodies withstand mechanical impacts
- Leak proof 'push-pull' connectors
- No extra Control Unit – antenna unit can be connected directly to laptop through USB or through wireless Wi-Fi connection
- All accessories (GPS, odometer) can be connected directly to antenna unit without any extra cables, without any additional connection with antenna and laptop
- Shielded antennas (including 125 MHz antenna unit)
- Reliable, durable, stable and effective DSRD impulse generator
- High-performance 18-bit receiver’s ADC - the highest digit capacity amongst existing GPRs
- External GPS receiver is optional
- All the GPR data processing is in computer. Original data do not change. All processing errors can be corrected any time
- Automatic topographic correction without additional costly land-surveying equipment
- Low power consumption
- Single built-in battery that can be easily replaced
- Built-in battery charge through antenna connector
- Dust and dirt-proof odometer
- Easy, handy and safe connection of measuring wheel (odometer) without any extra tools
- Multi-purpose compact, folding GPR trolley
- The new signal processing technology (Telbin) used, allowing substantially increase signal/noise ratio while sounding on the big depth
- Early 90s - A group of engineers started a research in the sphere of nanosecond electronic devices and non-stationary electromagnetism.
- 1997 year - The first published scientific work
- 2002 year - First prototype of GPR 'VIY1'.
The one of the first significant radar test: a detailed investigation in the Kiev's Sofia's territory (the oldest church complex in Kiev, Ukraine).
- 2004 year - New design of GPR - 'VIY2'.
This series of GPR took part in archaeological subsurface explorations (Kiev-Pechersk Lavra territory, caves in Ternopil and Lviv region), speleology (Ukrainian caves Ozerna, Mlynki, Ulashkivska etc.), relief and ice structure exploration in Antarctica etc.
- 2010 year - Invention of VO-36 odometer to make a measuring process easier.
- 2011 year - New design of GPR - 'VIY3'. The GPR receiver got a new 18-bit ADC, that made a dynamic range twice wider.
The third series was equipped with a new powerful and fast microprocessor that allows more than 5 times to increase a measuring speed. All third generation GPRs were made in a new design body from glass-fibre plastic.
- The accessory range was increased - hand carts, towing carts for car and the odometer.
- 2014 year - New series of portable GPR – 'VIY3-500' and 'VIY3-700', very convenient for a shallow depth accurate measuring and for measuring inside small space buildings.
- Spring 2014 year - wireless connection GPR- laptop was implemented
- GPR antenna now is a whole GPR device assembled in one body.
- GPR allows now to work with any Windows supporting computer or laptop.