For 30 years, this team has been creating and refining Trihedral’s only software product. VTScada software is an instantly intuitive all-in-one HMI and SCADA package for applications of any size in a wide variety of SCADA industries. In 2015, VTScada won Control Engineering Magazine’s Engineers’ Choice Award in the HMI software category. This corporate philosophy has seen our business grow from one entrepreneur’s vision to a flourishing global company with offices in Bedford, Nova Scotia; Aberdeen, Scotland, Orlando, Florida, Calgary, Alberta, and Trussville, Alabama serving a customer base spanning six continents.
- Business Type:
- Software vendor
- Industry Type:
- Environmental - Environmental Data and IT Systems
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- $1,000,000 US - $10,000,000 US
In 1986, Glenn Wadden founded Trihedral with two ambitious goals:
- Create the world’s most capable and reliable HMI and SCADA software.
- Provide the kind of outstanding support that people don’t think exists any more.
A Permanent Team of HMI SCADA Software Developers
Wadden assembled a team of programmers and engineers with diverse backgrounds in process automation and systems integration and created a flexible work environment to encourage creativity and reward initiative.
Working Hard and Playing Hard
Our corporate culture is to work until the job is done. To retain this kind of skilled and motivated professional, Trihedral offers competitive salaries, benefits, and a stock purchase plan. To reduce stress, Trihedral offices are equipped with games rooms, exercise equipment, and hot and cold beverages. Throughout the year, Trihedral staff enjoy a variety of extracurricular activities such as sports days, Super Bowl parties, and lunch hour barbecues.
A Business Based on Outstanding Support
We believe that personal and accessible technical support is an integral component of great HMI and SCADA software. Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems are complex and unique to each customer. Therefore, ensuring system uptime often requires timely answers from SCADA professionals with strong knowledge of the automation industry in general and specific knowledge of each customer’s system and needs.
Our SCADA support offices are side-by-side with those of our development team. This makes it easy to get to the bottom of even the most difficult technical support questions. It also provides developers with direct feedback from customers to help keep VTScada growing with the needs of industry.
With one of our yearly support contracts in place, access to our friendly support team is just a phone call or email away.
Trihedral Engineering Services
Trihedral also provides specialized engineering consulting services in the field of industrial control.
VTScada users are our best sales people. Read testimonials by system integrators and end users about our software and support.
Awards and Recognitions
- 2017 – Silver Award, Plant Engineering, Product of the Year – Automation and Controls category
- 2018 – Trihedral among Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers, by Canada’s Top 100 Employers
- 2017 – Ernst & Young, Entrepreneurs of the Year, IT Category, Atlantic Canadian Region: Glenn Wadden and Barry Baker
- 2017 – Honorable Mention, Control Engineering Engineers’ Choice Award, HMI Category
- 2016 – Best Presentation, ISA White Paper: Alarm Management and Reliable Architecture Needed for Utility-wide SCADA Systems
- 2015 – Winner, Control Engineering Engineers’ Choice Award, HMI Category
- 2015 – Best Presentation, ISA Whitepaper: All Aboard the SCADA Mothership
- 2014 – Honorable Mention, ISA Whitepaper: Managing Complexity Minimizing Risk
- 2013 – Best Presentation, ISA Whitepaper: Reinventing the SCADA Historian
- 2012 – Honorable Mention, ISA Whitepaper: Asset Tracking Version Control
- 2012 and 2013 – Atlantic Canada’s Top Employer
- 2007 – through 2013: Nova Scotia’s Top Employer
- 2007 – Ten Best Employers in the Maritimes