Ultra Electronics Nuclear Control Systems
Ultra Electronics Nuclear Control Systems is an established leader in the design, manufacture, supply, support, lifetime extension and decommissioning of I&C systems for the worldwide nuclear industry. With monitoring and control installations across the globe spanning defence, nuclear, medical and industrial sectors, our systems have been protecting personnel, the Environment and major country infrastructure for more than 60 years. We take pride in being able to respond to our customers` needs; whether a nuclear power station site (operating or decommissioning), a nuclear fuel cycle facility, a defence site or a nuclear medicine establishment handling radioisotopes.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Radiation Monitoring
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- 1,000,000 - 10,000,000 €
Nuclear professionalism is important to us and runs through everything we do. Our team are committed to delivering safe, reliable, high quality systems which last generations.
We have a highly-skilled team of over 450 employees located at offices across the UK and USA offering unrivalled experience and expertise in all elements of reactor instrumentation, monitoring and control. We are strategic partners to EDF Energy in the UK and play an important part of the Nuclear supply chain in civil nuclear, defence, industrial and medical sectors globally.
Our specialist areas of expertise include:
- Nuclear safety systems, reactor protection and control
- Neutron flux detection, specialist cables and nucleonics
- Radiation detection instrumentation (health physics)
- Customised stack effluent monitoring and sampling
- Nuclear emergency information and management systems
- Specialist PCB assembly and manufacture
Our services include:
- Applications engineering and feasibility studies
- Complete safety systems design (IEC 61508 and Class 1E)
- System installation and commissioning
- Post installation service support
- Aging and obsolescence management
Nuclear Control Systems was formed as a separate business under the umbrella of the Ultra Electronics’ group in 2010 but our rich heritage in the Nuclear Industry dates back more than 60 years.
Our business today is built on the foundations, experienced, capabilities and products of our heritage businesses which include:-
- Winfrith Safety Systems - previously part of UKAEA (acquired 2006)
- Siemens Radmon – previously Plessy Nucleonics (acquired 2009)
- Lab Impex Systems (acquired 2014)