UMB Muhendislik Ltd
UMB Ltd. was established at 2011 in Turkey as a project office, now it is rendering to service engineering and manufacturing facilities to the medical waste management sector. It designs, manufactures, and supplies automated solutions for medical waste management. To reach the best quality in production, international standards of ISO-13485 in quality management system has been adopted recently and manufacturing is made in accordance with 97/23/EEC pressurized equipment directives and EN-285 the sterilization. Now, UMB proudly manufactures not only for Turkey but also for other countries worldwide with a %95 sales of its production to foreign markets.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Medical Waste
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
UMB aims to improve the health and quality of life in the society and to develope and manufacture the most practical high quality engineering solutions within technological advancement that will meet or exceed customer's needs and expectations. To achieve this; supplies medical waste treatment machines that have sterilization performance validation according to EN-285 and with lowest energy consumption to the industry.
To follow and create the latest technology in the area of sterilization and shredding, and to utilize it in manufacturing high quality products. No concession from the ethics and principles of the science and conscience, providing reliable and quality service. To be an innovator for the scientific research and development as well as the new applications. To provide the best price for the best quality products.
Design Criteria and Features of ARI Series Medical Waste Treatment Machines
ARI is the most innovative model in the field of “medical waste disposal” and has been designed by using only the very best features of the well accepted sterilizers in the market. The ARI series bio-medical waste sterilizers are the most recently launched medical waste sterilizer launched into the market. As known, healthcare waste is consisting of several waste streams of those only some 14-15 % is so called hazardous waste and out of this portion, some 11-12 % is called bio-medical infectious waste. The rest is not treated by sterilization methods but by different methods as incinerators. Sterilizing equipment targets the infectious waste stream and sharps & boxes some parts of pathological wastes and for sure has the inactivation efficacy of 6 Log 10 (99.9999 %) or better.
Design Concept: The main issue in waste sterilization is succeeding accurate, homogeneous and guaranteed efficacy without any risk of weak or miss contact of pressurized hot steam with the surfaces of contaminated and infectious waste materials. If these parameters are not achieved, if the proper contact of steam and contaminated materials is not performed for sufficient time and required physical conditions, it is not expected to have a homogeneous sterilization and to mention about the success of the process. This is the case most often in post-shredding kind of sterilizers. It is a fact that the non-sterilized or non-properly sterilized waste immediately becomes infectious again because the still alive microorganisms remained in half sterilized waste populated very rapidly and in for instance one-day time, becomes contaminated as much as the original one again. The below good features have come together in a medical waste sterilization equipment to create - the best ever made - “sure medical waste sterilizer”
Pre-shredder: two-shaft shredder is integrated in the pressurized vessel to achieve guaranteed and homogeneous sterilization
All in one body design: Hopper, sterilization vessel and shredder are all in the same body without any external connections as bolt, screw, flange, etc. This design concept ensures safety, easiness and economy in operation.
Easy access to shredder: for easy access during maintenance and repair works, special designed shredder blades are very easily accessed.
Pressure vessel from lid to lid: sterilization process runs from lid to lid at feed to discharge ends and the shredder blades are sterilized during process cycle
Emergency sterilization of shredder: if any work is required on shredder before the sterilization cycle is finished, emergency process runs and steam is sent to ensure safe handing
Pre-vacuum and post-vacuum: The loaded waste has some dead volume full of air which resist the contact with steam. To prevent the dead volumes, pre-vacuum is applied to remove the air inside the waste so that the steam sent afterwards can reach the entire surface of the waste. After the sterilization cycle, post-vacuum is applied to dry and cool down the sterile waste before discharge.
Stainless steel construction: 316L & 304L stainless steel is used in the entire body, to ensure long-life time and corrosion free system
Fully automatic process: Entire process is controlled and monitored by programmable logic controller system (PLC)
Flexible software: ARI software can be designed to fit the local requirements in any country
Safe and easy operation: Because of the fully automatic design and simple operation, manual handling of the waste is at minimum level and the entire system can be operated by only one person
Operation & Method
ARI-1100 design absolutely ensures that hot steam at ideal sterilization conditions of temperature and pressure, contacts entirely with shredded and cut waste materials during the sterilization cycle. The steps in a treatment cycle of ARI-1100 are:
- To increase the contact, prior to steam supply, vacuum is applied to empty the air holes which might resist and cause difficulties replacing with steam molecules during the steam apply. The entire system is PLC controlled and operated and the contaminated waste is placed in the waste buckets/ tanks/containers by the standard lift system, waste is emptied in the vessel till the available volume is full.
- The shredder starts operating and a proper vacuum is applied to remove the air bubbles so that steam can penetrate deep in the inner volumes of the waste material before the steam is fed into the vessel.
- Then hot steam is sent to achieve the ideal sterilization conditions of temperature and pressure. After having reached to the plato stage, sterilization conditions are hold and maintained for sufficient time.
- After sufficient time of exposure to steam, sterilization expires and vacuum is applied to dry and cool down the sterile material and empty the steam inside through the vacuum pump.
- Then air is fed into the vessel and atmospheric pressure is ensured after which the lid is opened automatically to empty the sterilize waste into the tank and the machine is ready for further cycle without any lead time.
The complete process cycle lasts some 27-33 minutes depending on the material composition. Then the system is ready for the further cycle to operate for even 24 hours a day. Once the operation parameters are defined and set by the service firm and operator, the system does not allow making changes in the operational parameters for preventing the miss-use and faulty operation.
Computer Aided Design (CAE): Computer-Aided Engineering, or CAE, is an important design tool that has the potential to save companies’ time and cost. UMB’s CAE Services Group assists our customers with technical design issues from conception of an idea to final part manufacture for an infinite array of competitive applications.
Our CAE support group can effectively utilize state-of-the-art CAE tools for design and analysis of complex thermal systems, shredders and parallel robots. We offer product design review and consultation of the following:
- Design Assistance for Autoclaves, vacuum ovens, and steam generators
- Shredder Design Assistance
- Electronics Cooling System Design Assistance
- Parallel Robotics kinematic and dynamic analysis and design
- Structural Failure Consultation
- Quick Mechanical Structural Design Review and
- Product Testing Recommendation
- UMB Company selects Autodesk products as a support software.
System Integration / Automation
- Electronic Control Systems
- PLC Applications
- Embedded Software Control Systems
- Servo Systems
- Mechatronic Systems
- Numeric Control Power Systems
- Test & Data Control Systems
Our Production Machining capabilities can meet most customer requirements. We pride ourselves on being able to handle a wide range of parts. Large capacity CNC machining up to 10.5 ft vertical x 47ft horizontal, and small capacity CNC machining with various size machines and up to 20,000 RPM.
Our versatile production systems allow us to produce a variety of 1 pc samples to thousands of parts per month. We pride ourselves in applying skilled trade machining techniques to meet your production needs. UMB is ISO 9001 registered and offers versatile inspection and documentation of customer products via CMM’s and Laser Trackers.
- Our welding machines are;
- MIG/MAG Welding Robot
- TIG Welding Machines
- MIG/MAG Welding Machines
- Electrical Welding Machines
- Total Solutions
“YOUR TOTAL MANUFACTURING SOLUTION’’
We at UMB Ltd, can take a product from start to finish. From the design stage thru tooling and production, and even taking care of your recyclable by-products. We can supply many services to meet and exceed your expectations. We own and operate these three great companies to provide complete customer service. Our common mission is to be committed to total customer satisfaction from a customer’s point of view.
UMB Engineering processes different kinds of work as independent projects. In general a project study consists of the following phases;
- Conceptional Design
- Conceptional Design Document – OCD, SSS
- Quality Plan - QP
- Preliminary Design
- System Subsystem Design Document- SSDD
- Request for Proposal - RFP
- System Specification Document- SRS
- System Test Plan - STP
- System Test Descriptions– STD
- Preliminary Design Review - PDR
- Detailed Design
- Detailed Design Documentation – SDD
- Environmental Effect Evaluation -ÇED
- Critical Design Review - CDR
- Test –Training-Documentation
All the technical services for the maintenance of the developed machines-equipment, production lines, automation systems and facilities, are given by our “Production Team”. Maintenance booklets are prepared including Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) services and training is performed in order to maximize the efficiency of the equipment.