Unione nazionale aziende Construction Equipment & Attachments (UNACEA)
Created in 2010, at present with about fifty members, Unacea is the Italian trade association of construction equipment, open to the contribution of all companies, institutions, and organizations involved in the CE industry. Unacea membership includes earth-moving machines, attachments, concrete equipment, tower cranes and drilling machineries. The Unacea mission is to create a lean, business-led association with zero bureaucracy, able to defend the sector in Italy in an authoritative, unitary manner, and represent the sector in Europe and around the world.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Professional association
- Industry Type:
- Construction & Construction Materials
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
In Europe, Unacea is the Italian member of Cece, the European Federation of Construction Machinery Manufacturers, which joins the national associations of 13 countries, representing around 1,200 companies with a turnover of around 23 billion EUR and 130 thousand employees.
Despite the serious difficulties affecting the whole manufacturing sector since 2007, the Italian construction machinery and equipment industry continues to be one of the best in Europe in terms of production volumes. Italian products, renowned and appreciated worldwide, stand out for their high specialization, continuous technological innovation and elegant design. With a turnover of over 2.5 billion EUR in 2014 and around 70% of its production exported, this Italian industrial sector includes around 200 companies, directly employing 6,000 people and generating a further 30,000 jobs in related industries.
Top 6. Concrete projects for concrete results
UNACEA focuses its activities on the following key points:
- Monitoring: Thanks to the new statistical software Simon dedicated to construction equipment, Unacea offers to all market players in Italy the opportunity to makestatistical surveys for all product lines, without any disclosure of company data.
- Technical activities: Unacea has realised Techna, a mailing list managed by Eco Certificazioni on technical aspects and regulations to offer qualified advice to associated firms.
- Internationalisation: Unacea promotes the organization of joint participations in order to enable the sector’s firms to present themselves as part of a national system at the international exhibitions.
- Construction equipment registry: Creation of aconstruction equipment registry. A tool to survey market trends, contrast the import of non compliant machines, support the renewal of the fleet, and monitor the environmental impact of machines.
- Fair and promotion survey: Unacea promotessynergies between the industry and trade fair companies to grow together, and avoid overlapping in the calendar of events.
- Attachments: Enhancement of Italy’s great potential represented by theattachment industry, as a creative and innovative way to increase the productivity of machines by extending their uses.