United Industries Group, Inc. (UIG), located in Lake Forest, California has been an industry leader in innovative design, manufacture and installation of custom storage tanks and related systems for wet and dry industrial applications since 1969. We provide far more than just tanks. We provide storage solutions. Our designs include all types storage tanks – bolted steel glass fused-to-steel tanks, bolted steel epoxy coated tanks, field and shop welded steel tanks and pressure vessels. In addition we provide cutting-edge aluminum dome roofs, stainless steel domes, geotruss covers and floating roofs. These tanks are custom designed for your specific storage, handling and processing applications. We design and fabricate to international standards and have extensive experience worldwide.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- $10,000,000 US - $100,000,000 US
Whether glass fused-to-steel bolted tanks, epoxy coated bolted tanks, field welded tanks, shop fabricated vessels or geodesic dome roofs- all are integral parts to most industrial projects.
For over 40 years under the same ownership, United Industries Group, Inc. has been the industry innovator, providing you the design, manufacture and installation for all your industrial storage applications.
Our dedicated team will meet and exceed your needs from project conception to completion of installation and start-up. We will solve your problems with timely quotes, consulting services, precision engineering, efficient design and professional installation to achieve your project’s most stringent specifications.
Unlike other companies that focus on just welded or bolted tanks, UIG specializes in all applications and tank types, always selecting the optimal and most economic tank for your specific application.
Our many years of experience allows us to provide you the optimal and most economic storage and available for your specific application. UIG offers you our expertise inside and outside the tank — and beyond the tank itself — to provide an integrated and comprehensive service that meets all your requirements and adds value to your projects.
We will solve your problems with timely quotes, consulting services, precision engineering, efficient design and professional installation to meet your project’s most stringent specifications.
Working with UIG as your primary design/construction company can simplify your next project.
If you have experienced the frustrations of dealing with multiple suppliers, and installers, you will appreciate the difference working with UIG will make. We are uniquely skilled and remain the most competent and experienced company for your entire project.
Our worldwide customer base is comprised of governmental agencies, major oil and gas operators, port authorities, major international contractors, water and electrical departments, municipalities, the U.S. Military, United Nations Organizations and private businesses.
Our excellent staff has years of experience in design, engineering, project management and fabrication of custom storage solutions and has been with the same ownership for over 40 years.
Because our experience and expertise spans such a wide range, we can provide everything you will need, from assistance defining the scope of your initial concept, through manufacture, fabrication, shipment, installation to the final start-up of operations.
UIG serves the full spectrum of industrial activity, providing storage and operations services worldwide.
Heavy Industries such as Petroleum and Petrochemicals, Organic and Inorganic Chemicals, Mining and Metallurgical, Polymers and Plastics, Pulp and Paper, Industrial Waste Water, Port Facilities, Fuel Terminals and more.
Energy Industries such as Petroleum, and Natural Gas Exploration and Production, Electric Power Generation, Coal, Oil and Gas Fired, Nuclear, BioFuels, Geothermal, Cogeneration, Solar Thermal, Solar Photovoltaics, Alternate Energy Systems, Bulk Storage, Liquid Fuel Terminals and more.
Consumer Products such as Agriculture, Fertilizer, Foods Processing, Pharmaceuticals, Soaps, Surfactants and Detergents, Municipal Water Treatment and Purification, Waste Water Treating and Storage, Resource Recovery, Materials Recycling and more.
Specialty Industries such as Pharmaceuticals, Desalination, Semi-Conductors, Solar Photovoltaics, Micro-chip Manufacture and more.
No matter the application, UIG has the right storage tank solution for your next project.
Design – Fabrication – Field Installation -Project Management -Material And Equipment Supply
Based on over 45 years of experience all over the world and most recently with the US Army Corp of Engineers as General Contractor in the USA and as a Subcontractor in the Middle East, including Afghanistan, Iraq and Qatar, UIG understands the high demands, complexity of the submittal and approval process, safety requirements and other resources required to achieve successful completion of major military projects on time and up to expectation – meeting requirements and standards of COE from both general contractor and subcontractor perspectives.
Organization and teamwork is United Industries Group’s credo. This philosophy propels UIG to excel in project management staring with the bidding stage of the project, well-planned kickoff meeting and during all stages of the project logistics until its successful completion and acceptance by the client.
Among the products available for overseas projects:
- Welded fuel and water tanks (AWWA D100, API650, API 620)
- Prefabricated bolted (SS, GL and Epoxy Coated) tanks with optional installation and supervision (built to AWWA D103 and DIN standards)
- Supply of prefabricated elevated bolted and welded tanks
- Pontoon type CS Floating Roofs with primary or primary and secondary Rubber Seals
- Aluminum Floating Roofs that are naturally buoyant by means of honeycomb cells in aluminum sandwich panels with the following seal options: Liquid mounted primary and vapor mounted secondary foam log seals, Vapor mounted primary and vapor mounted secondary foam log seals, Vapor mounted primary and secondary wiper seals, Liquid mounted primary only stainless steel mechanical shoe seals
- Full contact floating roofs, fully welded (or bolted) roof that is made of aluminum sandwich panels (without honeycomb cells) ,Pontoon-type Aluminum Covers, Aluminum Clear-Span self supported geo-dome roofs, Aluminum Column supported geo-dome roofs
- Radar Type instrumentation system (wired or wireless)
- Fire Protection Systems
- Automatic Fixed Foam System and Water Cooling Rings
- Tote Foam Trailers
- CFI Rim Seal Fire protection System for tanks with floating roofs
- Tank Mixers, Heating Coils and Cathodic Protection
- ASME pressure vessels (CS, Epoxy Coated and lined including Rubber Lining, SS etc)
- Shop fabricated UL Tanks with associated controls and instrumentation system
- Shop fabricated Knockout Drums with instrumentation system and controls
- RO Units and Sea Water RO Units of various sizes with 8” dia. and 19” dia. membranes
- Modular Water and Waste water treatment plants
- Containerized Water and Waste water treatment plants
- Cement and other processing plants
A Selection of Uig International Clients Include:
- The Water Authority of Abu Dhabi Government
- Contract International, Inc.
- Phillip Holzman, A. G. (Germany)
- United Nations (UNDP-OPS) for project services
- The National Co. for Mechanical and Electrical Works, LTD, Kuwait
- Bishman Continental Services, Guam
- INMSA, Honduras
- Saudi Arabia Port of Authority
- Kuwait Port of Authority
- ADNOC - Abu Dhabi Government
- Mobil Oil Corporation
- Powrine Oil Company (now Cenco Refining Co)
- Ventech Engineering / Fletcher Oil Company
- ABB / Sussa, Egypt
- U. S. Air Force, Navy and Army Bases
Private Enterprise in every industry. International Governments at all levels: village, local, rural, country, regional, provincial/state, national and federal. U.S. and Foreign Military Services at all levels. International Non-Governmental Organizations: United Nations’ subsidiaries and many other NGO’s.