University of Tehran
University of Tehran, is the oldest and largest scientific, educational and research center of the country which is called the “Mother University” and the “Symbol of higher education of the country”. This scientific center is the entering gate of Iran into the new civilization. It is also considered as one of the pioneers of the society in important scientific, cultural, political and social affairs. It is such that besides its old role in political and social changes of the country, its remarkable impact in the scientific-cultural development of the society is also undeniable. With regard to the critical mission and heavy responsibility towards the country and the exalted Iranian nation as well and also for the purpose of flourishing the potential talents of the country at the high level of human knowledge and adapting its programs with the necessities and facilities of the country, this university makes efforts to play a specific role in the construction of the country and achieve
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- University / Academia / Research
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
Significant population changes in Iran during recent decades, i.e., natural population increase, on the one hand, and mass migration of population from rural and small urban areas into large cities, on the other, have resulted into a tremendous rate of urbanization, which along with great need for industrialization, have caused an increasing trend of environmental degradation, which not only threatens the living conditions of the urban areas in the country, but also puts the critical and strategic natural resources at great risk.
As far as environmental conditions are concerned, Iran has been facing a critical situation throughout this century, far less than accepted standards of sustainability. The main reason for this environmental deterioration is clear the lack of public awareness, and also the lack of expertise to provide national planners and policy makers with appropriate knowledge to integrate environmental considerations into planning efforts and to mitigate the Center for Coordination of Environmental Studies was founded in 1973 at the University of Tehran, following the United Nation's Conference on Human Settlement which was held in Stockholm. Its aims and objectives were as follows:
1. Protection and restoration of the man-made and natural environment.
2. Protection and restoration of cultural and ecological heritage.
3. Enhancement of public awareness and general knowledge in the society.
4. Coordination of research activities of different institutions within the University of Tehran concerning environmental studies.
5. Promotion of research on environmental issues.
During the decade of 1980, the Center has gained some valuable experiences and made significant achievements in the environmental fields. Lack of an adequate number of experts in the field, as well as the growing need for their serviced, however, forced the center to reconsider its goals and activities. Consequently, the general policy of the Center was revised, and educational activities at post-graduate levels were added to the previous goals. Therefore, on March 1989, the name of the Center was officially changed to the 'Institute for Environmental Studies', and subsequently, in 1994 the Institute was finally renamed to the Graduate Faculty of Environment.
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Management and Planning
- Environmental Design Engineering
- Natural Disaster Engineering Management
Our capabilities include:
- Microbiological analysis (Fecal Coliform, Total Coliform, MPN, . . . ect.)
- Inorganic analysis (PH. BOD, COD, Solids, Sulfate, Nitrate, Carbonate, Biocarbonat, Alkalinity, EC, Hardness, . . . etc.)
- Metals analysis (As, Ba, Be, Cd, Cr, Cu, Fe, Pb, Mg, Mn, Hg, Zn, V . . .etc.)
- Organic analysis (VOC, TPH, PAH, PCBs, Pesticides, TOC, . . . etc.)
We also perform many environmental chemical analysis for outside agencies and universities.