Vacuubrand Gmbh Co Kg
With 280 employees and more than 50 years of experience, VACUUBRAND manufactures the most comprehensive range of vacuum pumps, gauges and controllers for rough and fine vacuum for laboratory use. The product range comprises oil-free diaphragm pumps, oil-free screw pumps, rotary vane pumps, complete pumping units, flexible vacuum systems and solutions for local area networks. The modular vacuum systems comply with the technical and economical requirements for vacuum generation and also ecological criteria in outstanding degree. From the outset, we had one priority: offering laboratory users equipment that meets the highest quality standards. `Intelligent pumps` make work easier in laboratories, permitting chemists and technicians to concentrate on their real work. We engineer and produce nearly all pump and controller components in our own facility in Wertheim, Germany.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Laboratory Equipment
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
Environmental protection has been a major priority...
Environmental protection has been a major priority at VACUUBRAND for decades. We continuously streamline our processes to prevent waste and minimize energy use. The result of our efforts is a healthy working environment for our employees and a minimum impact on our surroundings. We are proud of what we have achieved so far and we would welcome you to inspect our facilities!
Our manufacturing operations have had an environmental management system for years in conformity with ISO 14001. But VACUUBRAND innovations have also contributed to environmental improvements in your operations with products that:
- lower your energy use and costs
- reduce waste of resources and emissions of pollutants
- improve laboratory working conditions.
All our products are designed to combine high-performance with long product lives, low service demands and low energy use. Efficiency in vacuum supply and control of vacuum applications reduces resource utilization, keeps expenses low and enhances lab productivity. Efficient operation and low service costs not only save resources but ultimately offset purchase costs. Add to these contributions the fact that our diaphragm pumps have for years been replacing the old water jet pumps that formerly wasted and contaminated millions of tons of water per year, and we are proud of all that our vacuum pumps have contributed to a greener world.
VACUUBRAND was the first to introduce vapor emission condensers to the market, in 1987. With virtually 100% solvent recovery, these condensers keep solvent vapors from polluting the environment and enable solvent recycling for reuse.
VACUUBRAND has promoted the use of oil-free pumps to replace classical rotary vane pumps in many applications, reducing contaminated oil disposal.
You can be sure that our pumps, gauges and controllers are free of cadmium and mercury.
Environmental protection is important to everybody - let´s all act responsibly !
CO2mmitted to Change
Finding new ways to improve the environmental performance of products starts with a commitment to do so. We search continuously for ways to reduce energy use and resource consumption in both the manufacture and the use of our products.
- VACUUBRAND has promoted the use of oil-free pumps to replace classical rotary vane pumps in many applications, reducing contaminated oil disposal. You can be sure that our pumps, gauges and controllers are free of cadmium and mercury.
- Innovative design improvements increase the pumping speed of our NT-series 8-cylinder pumps by 30%, permitting them to replace even larger rotary vane pumps.
- The Peltronic emission condenser developed by VACUUBRAND and introduced in 2007 collects solvent vapors and is operating completely without cooling water conserving the valuable resource water
- VACUU·LAN® local vacuum networks save energy and equipment costs by using small, in-lab pumps to supply on-demand vacuum for many users. This eliminates the need for central vacuum supply systems, with often over-sized pumps, and high maintenance and energy costs.
- VACUUBRAND VARIO® control technology continuously optimizes pumping speed automatically, perfectly adapting the flow rate to the actual process demand of the vacuum application. The process runs faster and energy consumption is up to 90% less than with conventional pumps.
- New product developments by VACUUBRAND are characterized by reduced material usage, lower carbon footprint and active environmental protection.
DAkkS / ISO
Calibration (DAkkS accredited)
Monitoring and calibrating test equipment is a basic requirement made of quality management systems (such as DIN EN ISO 9001 or QS 9000). It is especially important to be able to trace measurements back to national standards. VACUUBRAND operates a measurement laboratory accredited by DAkkS (Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle GmbH) as a calibration laboratory for vacuum measuring instruments. It is authorised to perform DAkkS-calibrations for vacuum measuring instruments in the range of 1300 to 10-3 mbar (abs.) and issue DAkkS calibrating certificates. VACUUBRAND´s service offers DAkkS calibrations for own products and products of other manufacturers.
Technology for Vacuum Systems
For filtration, solid phase extraction and fluid aspiration often simple diaphragm pumps are required. Chemical resistant vacuum systems and VARIO chemistry pumping units with a full range of control options and unique continuous vapour pressure adaptation are ideal for applications such as rotary evaporation and gel drying or for use with drying chambers and distillations up to kilo lab size.
For processes in fine vacuum, e. g. Schlenk lines, freeze drying and residual drying, oil-free screw pumps, oil sealed rotary vane pumps and hybrid pumps are available. For customers needing a backing pump for small and middle sized turbo molecular pumps, oil-free and particle free screw pumps or diaphragm pumps are the first choice.
These are also available as built-in customized versions. With the focus of all the product design based on the user’s requirements in the laboratory, as well as the concept of an overall modular vacuum system is what makes VACUUBRAND the leading provider for vacuum technology for laboratory scale.