Veolia Water Technologies Canada (Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies)
As specialists in the treatment of potable water, process water, wastewater and stormwater management, Veolia Water Technologies Canada Inc. has been serving North American municipalities and industries since 1948. With our state-of-the-art technologies, efficient products and team of seasoned professionals, we design solutions to perfectly match the needs of our clients. Operating in more than one hundred countries around the world, Veolia Water Technologies Canada Inc. can provide a vast range of tried and proven technologies, backed by true know-how. In Canada, Veolia Water Technologies is an industry leader in the manufacture of municipal and industrial water and wastewater treatment equipment. Our teams of experts will support you throughout your project, from conducting a needs assessment to supervising installations.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
- 10,000,000 - 100,000,000 â¬
- As specialists in the treatment of potable water, process water, wastewater and stormwater management, John Meunier Inc. has been serving North American municipalities and industries since 1948.
- With our state-of-the-art technologies, efficient products and team of seasoned professionals, we design solutions to perfectly match the needs of our clients.
- As a member of the Veolia Water Group, which operates in more than one hundred countries around the world, John Meunier Inc. can provide a vast range of tried and proven technologies, backed by true know-how.
- In Canada, John Meunier Inc. is an industry leader in the manufacture of municipal and industrial water and wastewater treatment equipment. Our teams of experts will support you throughout your project, from conducting a needs assessment to supervising installations.
Veolia Water Technologies Canada (formerly known as John Meunier Inc.) was founded in 1948 by Mr. John Meunier. At that time, the company was acting as sales representative for several manufacturers. Over the years, the company expanded on that market and became one of the leaders in its field.
In 1970, John Meunier Inc. signed a commercial agreement for North America with Mengin, from France, which included a licence for manufacturing pumps. At his death in 1974, John Meunier left a well established company in the hands of his son, Gabriel Meunier, and a team ready to take over. In that year that the company participated for the first time at the Water Pollution Control Federation (WPCF) Conference in Denver, CO. The decade's milestone came when John Meunier was granted $50,000 by the Government of Quebec in recognition of its innovation in the SME category. This amount was instrumental in acquiring the know-how of a German company to make the prototype for a bar screen and adapt it to North American conditions. This is how the Cont-Flo® bar screen was launched.
In 1980, John Meunier Inc., up to this point a family-owned business, welcomed industrial shareholders. This move provided employees with a more secure financial environment while allowing the company to invest in high scale projects. It is in that same year that John Meunier Inc. further strengthened its financial situation with the arrival of shareholders such as the Société Générale de Financement du Québec (SGF), the French Compagnie Générale des Eaux (CGE) and the manufacturers Forano and Volcano. In 1981, a manufacturing facility was added to John Meunier's building which allowed for greater involvement of the engineering team in the development and adaptation of its products to the North American market. In 1985, John Meunier Inc. and the CGE founded Proserco Inc., a company offering management services for water and wastewater treatment plants. It didn't take long for Proserco to take over an important share of the market, specializing in energy consumption optimization, municipal and industrial sludge management, technical support and training.
The 1990's were filled with numerous industrial projects. The size of the Acier Atlas project in Sorel, Qc, clearly shows the capacity and competence of John Meunier Inc. to realize high-scale projects. The arrival of the Actiflo® process also contributed tremendously to propel John Meunier Inc. towards success, thanks to its efficiency for treating surface water.
John Meunier Inc. also invested in the foundation of the Industrial Chair on Drinking Water at the University of Montreal by providing funds and sharing knowledge with other partners such as City of Montreal and City of Laval, as well as the engineering firm Vallée Lefebvre.
The beginning of the new millenium saw the expansion of John Meunier Inc. outside of Quebec, with the acquisition of major projects with cities such as Vancouver, Calgary and Kingston. Major breakthroughs were also accomplished in Latin America, thanks to the development of a line of prefabricated equipment, as well as in the United-States with our headworks and stormwater management products. The rapid increase of employees, as well as production load, required in 2001 the move of the team in a new facility that includes a 30 000 ft² plant.
Today, every department of the company is expanding and, since its beginnings, Veolia Water Technologies Canada has never stopped continuing to grow.
The corporate values that we chose to adopt are reflected through each department and every action taken by Veolia Water Technologies
- Customer focus - Every employee is customer driven;
- Performance - We measure our performance through the global satisfaction of our customers and shareholders;
- Technical excellence & Innovation - We differentiate by providing the most appropriate technical solutions. We view innovation as the best way to maintain our leadership;
- Responsibility - Our people are involved and accountable;
- Transparency - Information is voluntarily shared in an atmosphere of openness, trust and dedication;
- Personal recognition - We respect our collaborators, recognize their merit and develop their skills;
- Cohesion in diversity - Together let's take advantage of our differences.
- Supply global solutions related to water treatment to our municipal and industrial customers;
- Offer all equipment, technologies and services available through the Veolia Water Technologies Canada Inc. group;
- Cover the Canadian market directly and export our equipment.
The safety of our employees, clients and partners is our primary concern. We regard the promotion of Health & Safety measures as a mutual objective for management and employees at all levels of our organization.
Customers must be aware of our commitment to safety and security. We must meet our customer's safety requirements.
Each employer's commitment to safety is an integral part of his/her job and will be a measured factor in their performance.
Technical Excellence and Innovation
Through technical excellence and safety innovation our employees are empowered to control or eliminate hazards or other exposures and to prevent illness or injury.
All employees have the right - and responsibility - to immediately report unsafe or non-compliant conditions, acts or practices.
Through continued safety training, our employees have a clear understanding of our safety policies and procedures. This enables each employee to recognize and avoid unsafe conditions and hazards.
Those employees who have achieved outstanding safety performance are recognized.
Cohesion from Diversity
Contribution to the promotion of safety across business units will lead to the cohesion of diversity within the company, our employees and our customers.
The quality system of Veolia Water Technologies Canada (formerly John Meunier Inc.) is documented and maintained according to requirements defined by the ISO 9001:2008 standard, as well as by our own policy regarding quality control.
This structure must insure that all products and services provided to customers satisfy all contractual requirements previously established.
See our ISO 9001:2008 certificate.