The companies of the VTU Group are developers, engineers and suppliers of processing plants in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, oil & gas, and power industries. Services of VTU include the engineering of processing plants, turn-key delivery of special plants, development of new processes as well as software for plant operation and billing. The synergy of the individual companies lies in the common know-how of process engineering. Due to the tremendous variety of applications and specialists, optimised processes are being implemented for customers in all sectors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Environmental - Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
VTU was founded in 1990 in Graz, Austria, as an engineering office for process and environmental technology. At the beginning, all efforts were directed at biodiesel plants; however the range of services has grown to include many different industries. The workforce has increased continually through constant growth.
The company relocated to Grambach near Graz in 2001 because space was becoming too limited. In 2007, it was possible to acquire power plant specialists along with the founding of VTU Energy. The corporate structure was reorganised under a holding company. In 2010, VTU Holding acquired a majority holding of prionic GmbH, a leading company in the development, manufacture and application of ionic liquids.
The Group currently counts around 220 highly qualified employees with subsidiaries in Austria (Grambach, Vienna, Linz, Kundl), Germany (Hattersheim/Frankfurt, Penzberg, Braunschweig, Rheinbach ), Italy (Bolzano, Mirano), Switzerland (Riehen near Basle) and Romania (Bucharest).
The Engineering Group (VTU Engineering, VTU Engineering Deutschland and VTU Engineering Italia) currently has the majority of the employees. Their work focuses on process engineering and project management from the conceptual design to a successful start-up. Furthermore, VTU Engineering delivers turn-key, customised solutions, e.g. for solvent recovery or industrial wastewater treatment. In addition, qualification and validation services in accordance with cGMP are performed for the pharmaceutical industry, right up to collaboration during inspections and audits.
VTU Technology develops innovative solutions in its own laboratories and pilot plants. The interdisciplinary team consists of chemists, biotechnologists, microbiologists, analysts and process engineers. The skills range from biotechnology (protein expression and production, enzyme technology, biocatalysis), electrochemistry and separation processes right up to photochemistry, and they are being constantly expanded. Another focus is advanced oxidation processes, for example for wastewater treatment.
VTU Energy is specialised in the power plant industry. A highly qualified team of engineers with many years of experience offers consulting services and software solutions for planning and optimising energy plants.
VTU Energy can offer independent electricity producers all the products and services that are necessary for successful development and implementation of complex electricity supply contracts – all from one single source.
proionic gmbh develops new technologies based on ionic liquids together with customers and partners. Ionic liquids are produced in any quality and volume with a patented manufacturing process.
Excellence Gesellschaft für Wertschöpfung mbH offers exclusive consulting on sustainable growth added value in companies. The outstanding performance of the company for your overall success is the integral controlling of various competences for tangible results and the guaranteed sustainability of the implemented improvement measures.
- We are a group of technology companies with a focus on the processing industry.
- Growth and constant expansion of our key expertise characterise the development of our independent company.
- Our customers profit from lasting partnerships and are supported by VTU as a flexible problem solver at the highest technical level.
- By working together in an open and tolerant way, we provide the flexibility for creativity, promote trust in people’s own skills, and arouse curiosity for something new.
- Constant technical and social training and advanced training, challenging tasks and responsibility, as well as an absolutely reliable social environment form the basis for lasting collaboration with the VTU team.
- Active sharing and multiplying the entire VTU know-how to the state of the art leads to market leadership through an edge in expertise.