Wakefield Acoustics Ltd
Wakefield Acoustics is an internationally renowned company specialising in the design, manufacture and supply of acoustic products and solutions for a wide variety of industrial, commercial and environmental applications worldwide. With over 25 years experience and expertise across a wide range of sectors, Wakefield Acoustics works closely with its customers to identify and solve complex noise issues which both serve to protect human hearing in the workplace and reduce noise in the environment. Our worldwide clients include Consultants, Contractors, OEM`s and End Users who work across a wide variety of fields including Power Generation, Process Industries, Water and Waste Treatment, Construction and General Industrial and Commercial Applications. Our strong technical focus and heritage is supported by a total quality culture, modern manufacturing and design facilities and an ongoing programme of investment across our business.
Wakefield Acoustics Ltd was founded in 1980 and has since grown to become a leader in its field of industrial and environmental noise control supplying many of the world's leading manufacturing companies worldwide.
From initial origins as an acoustic design company, the business expanded rapidly and, within a few years, established its own manufacturing facility allowing the business to provide a full turnkey noise control solution from design, manufacture and installation.
By the late 1990’s the business had grown to such a size that new manufacturing facilities were required and in 2000 the business moved to its current 25,000 sq ft manufacturing facility in West Yorkshire, England where extensive ongoing investment has taken place over recent years.
Wakefield Acoustics Ltd is ISO9001:2008 registered, operates latest acoustic design software as well as 2D and 3D Autocad technology. All our key business processes including design, manufacture and installation are undertaken by highly our experienced and highly trained staff. All installation staff are qualified to current and relevant safety standards, including CSCS.
The business is committed to excellence in all its operations and has an ongoing commitment to professional training and development throughout all areas of the business.
Our vast and proven experience across a wide range of industrial applications ensures we are able to engineer practical and cost effective solutions to most industrial and environmental noise problems, thereby helping our customers to comply with increasingly stringent industrial and environmental noise legislation worldwide.
We are able to achieve noise reductions in excess of 45dBA dependant upon noise source frequency spectrum.
Each of our products is engineered for optimum acoustic performance and designed to suit a specific application and customer requirement. Factors which are taken into consideration include:
- Noise reduction requirement
- Airflow requirement
- Access and maintenance requirements
- Specific application criteria
- Location (indoor/outdoor/space constraints)
- Arduous and extreme environments
- Finish and paint specifications
- Electrical services required (lighting etc)
We provide a wide variety of noise consultancy services which include:
- Noise At Work Risk Assessments to assist with compliance with the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 (the Noise Regulations)
- BS4142 Environmental Assessments to assess the likelihood of complaint from noise in mixed residential and industrial areas from the impact of a new noise source located, or proposed to be located, close to residential developments.
- Detailed factory noise audits including the production of fully costed noise control action programmes.
The first stage of our service usually begins with a site survey or on site meeting. This meeting will include identifying the following:
- Noise reduction problems, challenges and objectives.
- Undertaking detailed diagnostic noise measurements to identify dominant noise sources.
- Understanding specific application details including:
- Location – indoor/outdoor
- Operator access requirements
- Maintenance requirements and access
- Electrical services required
- Understanding any environmental considerations:
- arduous environments
- Specific asthestic finishes required.
Acoustic and mechanical design is undertaken by our highly experienced and qualified teams of engineers. As each product is specifically engineered to deliver optimum acoustic performance our design teams will undertake the following during the course of a typical contract:
- Fully costed proposals based on latest acoustic design software.
- Pre contract and ongoing site meetings as required.
- 2D and 3D Autocad drawings to allow integration with customer design packages.
- Detailed contract specific documentation and certification packages as required.
Our manufacturing teams consist of highly experienced engineers, sheet metal workers, fabricators, and welders operating in a large modern well invested manufacturing facility. We are committed to a culture of continuous improvement and operate lean manufacturing principles throughout all areas of the business.
Throughout a typical contract we provide:
- Competitive lead-times.
- Reliable On Time Delivery
- Close customer liason pre, during and post installation
- Project management of all stages of the contract
- Provision of detailed documentation, certification, method statements, risk assessments as required.
We offer a professional and skilled installation service and our installation team are all experienced in house engineers who have extensive experience of working on site across industries and applications. Our services can include:
- Pre-installation meetings, inductions etc.
- Site installation undertaken by experienced installation engineers working to agreed timeframes and compliant with all relevant and current health and safety standards.
- Provision of all required health an safety documentation including method statements and risk assessments.
- Installation team qualified to CSCS, IPAF and other relevant and current industry standards as appropriate.