WatMan Engineering Ltd Oy
WatMan is one of the leading suppliers of tailor-made water treatment equipment and demanding turnkey plants in Finland, a country that is famous for its clean nature. Since our establishment in the early 1990s, our primary focus has been to develop, produce and deliver high-quality, innovative water treatment products that will help the customer to gain something extra. Our goal is to help make them more competitive and more successful. In our view, lower costs can only be achieved by higher performance, and higher performance can be achieved by accurate design work. Water treatment systems supplied by WatMan can be used for treating water from all sources: tap water, wells, seas, rivers and other surface waters as well as waste water. We have implemented over a hundred containerized solutions around the world.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water Filtration and Separation
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
We are confident that we can make you more competitive - both in monetary terms and in terms of environmental friendliness.
Base facts and figures
- WatMan Engineering is established in 1995 and is fully owned by Oy Pumppulohja Ab
- With roots going back to year 1942 the parent company was established in a management buyout (MBO) deal in 1991
- WatMan´s turnover was 3.7 MEur (2016-17) and 7.3 MEur (2017-18)
- Percantage of direct and indirect export is 80 - 90 % of the turnover
- Amount of personnel is 20, together with parent company about 70
- The Group has production facilities in Lahti (1970 m2) and in Lohja (5500 m2), Finland
- The surface treatment industry
- The electroplating industry
- The electronic industry
- The microelectronics industry
- The steel industry
- The mining industry
- Power plants
- Any other steam or water users
- Communities and small cities
- Research centres and laboratories
- Designers and consultants
Based on the basic quality definition, we can summarize WatMan quality more specifically as:
- satisfaction of customers needs
- suitability for intended use and purpose
- performance according to a prescribed standard or specification
- no missing or malfunctioning parts or early failures
- availability at competitive price, but with profitability
- constant upgrading of the quality and the quality levels
Poor quality means a deviation from the prescribed standard or specification. In other words, the product (or service) does not do what it is supposed to. Quality control entails the prevention, detection and correction of product or service defects that could lead to customer dissatisfaction.
The main objectives of quality control can be described as maintaining design standards, meeting customers‘ specifications, determining personnel effectiveness and detecting and correcting defective products or services. We understand that quality control is a set of processes used to monitor the performance of the system. The final goal of quality control is naturally to maintain the promised level. We also understand that loss can mean maintenance and repair costs, operating costs, customer dissatisfaction and/or injuries caused by poor design.
We believe in total quality management. Our aim is for everyone in the organisation to understand customer expectations and to meet those expectations every time. We understand that we can ultimately achieve lower production and operating costs, and hopefully attract more customers. We expect our subcontractors to act in the same manner as we do, and only use components and services of a high quality. To maintain and control a high quality in individual projects, we always form a project organisation. The customer often plays a major role in this organisation.
The most important part, however, is to feel personal responsibility for the customer.