WCA Environment Ltd.
WCA Environment Ltd. are a consultancy organisation providing independent and objective advice on the sources, fate and effects of chemicals in both the natural and industrial environments. Our staff of environmental scientists, toxicologists and chemists provide quality assured advice and consultancy for clients in commercial and governmental organisations worldwide. We have extensive expertise in chemical risk assessment (e.g. REACH/ CLP, Biocides Directive, Plant Protection Products Directive, Pharmaceuticals Regulations, Offshore Chemical Notification) the development of chemical standards (e.g. Water Framework Directive, Canadian Water Quality Guidelines), chemical/ ecotoxicity/ toxicity analysis and monitoring, Life Cycle Impact Assessment, Hazardous Waste Assessment, Contaminated Land, Endocrine Disrupting Substances, Socio-Economic Analysis for chemicals, Wastewater Treatment and more....
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Founded in 2005 to provide focused expertise on chemical risk assessment, the company has now grown to over 20 staff, with expertise in environmental and industrial chemistry, toxicology, ecotoxicology and risk assessment.
Accreditation: Our Quality System is certified to ISO 9001 and our Environmental Management System is certified to ISO 14001. We are a REACHReady Service Provider.
Clients: Our clients range from REACH consortia comprising some of the largest chemicals companies in the world, to government departments and agencies in Europe, North America and the Asia-Pacific Region.
These are our Values:
- We will always deliver honest, independent and objective technical advice and solutions to clients at a fair price, in an unbiased and timely manner.
- We will focus on clients’ reasonable needs and wants, and serve them as they want to be served, maintaining our integrity and working within our areas of technical competence.
- In all of our work we will try to fully understand the needs and wants of the “customers” of our clients (e.g. their regulators, managers or downstream users) and reflect this in our advice and reports.
- We will treat all colleagues as individuals who make different but valuable contributions to the company.
- We are an equal opportunities employer; we will treat and reward all staff fairly, ensure that their working conditions are safe, and will make every reasonable effort to ensure that their jobs are interesting and secure.
We pride ourselves on uncovering each client’s individual needs before proposing a tailored solution that is fit for their purpose.
We are expert in preparing chemical risk assessments under REACH; in the derivation of Environmental Quality Standards and Limit Values for substances in waters, soils, sediments and wastes; and in producing hazard and exposure assessments for active substances in pesticides, biocides, and human and veterinary medicines. We work strategically with clients to identify emerging business issues and risks related to the production or use of chemical substances.