WITec Wissenschaftliche Instrumente und Technologie GmbH
Since its founding in 1997, WITec has established itself as a market leader in the field of nano-analytical microscope systems (Raman, AFM, SNOM). As reflected in WITec’s maxim `Focus Innovations`, our success is based on constantly introducing new technologies and a commitment to maintaining customer satisfaction through high-quality, flexible and innovative products.
A dedicated international market approach with an established service and support experience in the various regions of the world is one of our key strengths, evidenced by our widespread network of WITec representatives as well as branch offices in the US (WITec Instruments Corp., Knoxville, TN), Singapore (WITec Pte. Ltd.), Japan (WITec K.K., Kawasaki-shi Kanagawa), Spain (WITec GmbH - Branch Office Barcelona) and China (WITec Beijing Representative Office ).
The company has generated average annual growth rates of more than 10 % during the last few years.
WITec began with the introduction of the first Scanning Near-field Optical Microscope featuring easy to use cantilever SNOM sensors for reliable optical imaging beyond the diffraction limit. In addition, the Pulsed Force Mode accessory AFM module for imaging of local stiffness and adhesion along with topography was a successfully introduced to the AFM community.
With the release of the first Confocal Raman Imaging system in 1999, WITec outperformed the existing Raman mapping techniques in terms of sensitivity, speed and lateral resolution, pioneering Raman spectroscopy as a tool for true 3D chemical imaging.
WITec continuously launches new, highly-innovative technologies. Once again 2010 the patent pending TrueSurface Microscopy for profilometric analyses convinced the experts and was distinguished by well-respected prizes.
The modular design of WITec microscopes allows the integration of Confocal Raman and Scanning Probe Microscopy (SPM) in one system. This innovation instigated the current boom in combined Raman/SPM system.
As a result of this expertise, WITec received several awards for new product developments:
What qualities characterize WITec? Collected below are the fundamental tenets that define us and influence our work every day:
- WITec emerged from the academic world and maintains its research character today. This keeps us close to the state of the art and helps us understand our customers’ requirements.
- One third of all WITec employees work in the R&D department, ensuring a steady current of innovation.
- All WITec products are developed and produced at the WITec headquarters in Ulm, Germany, which enables the most stringent quality control and high quality standards.
- Our extensive sales & support network has established WITec’s global presence.
- WITec has become renowned for performance and reliability, allowing our customers to focus on the scientific challenges of their work.
- The modular WITec product line facilitates unparalleled flexibility, upgradeability, and customized solutions.