WITec Wissenschaftliche Instrumente und Technologie GmbH
Since its founding in 1997, WITec has established itself as a market leader in the field of nano-analytical microscope systems (Raman, AFM, SNOM). As reflected in WITec’s maxim `Focus Innovations`, our success is based on constantly introducing new technologies and a commitment to maintaining customer satisfaction through high-quality, flexible and innovative products. A dedicated international market approach with an established service and support experience in the various regions of the world is one of our key strengths, evidenced by our widespread network of WITec representatives as well as branch offices in several countries worldwide. The company has generated average annual growth rates of more than 10 % during the last few years.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Laboratory Equipment
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
WITec began with the introduction of the first Scanning Near-field Optical Microscope featuring easy to use cantilever SNOM sensors for reliable optical imaging beyond the diffraction limit. In addition, the Pulsed Force Mode accessory AFM module for imaging of local stiffness and adhesion along with topography was a successfully introduced to the AFM community.
With the release of the first Confocal Raman Imaging system in 1999, WITec outperformed the existing Raman mapping techniques in terms of sensitivity, speed and lateral resolution, pioneering Raman spectroscopy as a tool for true 3D chemical imaging.
WITec continuously launches new, highly-innovative technologies:
- 2010 the patented TrueSurface Microscopy for profilometric analyses convinced the experts and was distinguished by well-respected prizes.
- 2014 the world's first Raman Imaging and Scanning Electron (RISE) microscope was introduced by WITec.
- Since 2015 the fully automated confocal Raman Imaging System apyron is available.
- 2018 WITec presented the inverted confocal Raman imaging microscope alpha300 Ri.
- The product line is continuously developed further and adapted to the needs of the customers.
The WITec products received several awards and prestigious prizes.
The modular design of WITec microscopes allows the integration of Confocal Raman and Scanning Probe Microscopy in one system.
Together with their team of scientists and engineers, the physicists Dr. Olaf Hollricher (left) and Dr. Joachim Koenen (right) develop groundbreaking solutions that address the latest Raman imaging challenges.
Quality, reliability and customer support are emphasized in all phases of daily operation of the WITec staff.
What qualities characterize WITec? Collected below are the fundamental tenets that define us and influence our work every day:
- WITec emerged from the academic world and maintains its research character today. This keeps us close to the state of the art and helps us understand our customers’ requirements.
- One third of all WITec employees work in the R&D department, ensuring a steady current of innovation.
- All WITec products are developed and produced at the WITec headquarters in Ulm, Germany, which enables the most stringent quality control and high quality standards.
- Our extensive sales & support network has established WITec’s global presence.
- WITec has become renowned for performance and reliability, allowing our customers to focus on the scientific challenges of their work.
- The modular WITec product line facilitates unparalleled flexibility, upgradeability, and customized solutions.
WITec’s headquarters is located in Ulm, Germany, where all WITec products are developed and produced. Branch offices in the US, China, Japan, Singapore, and Spain and sales and service partners around the world ensure the worldwide sales and support network.
WITec microscopy systems feature nondestructive, nano-analytical techniques such as Raman imaging, Atomic Force Microscopy and Scanning Near-field Optical Microscopy. We apply our long-term experience with these methods to develop innovative imaging systems that ensure the best performance and reliability.
Whether you are interested in a standard or correlative approach, WITec is the established source for high-resolution imaging at its best.
Our key techniques are:
- Confocal Raman Imaging: Spectroscopic method for chemically identifying sample components.
- Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM): High-resolution imaging method for visualizing samples’ topography and surface characteristics.
- Scanning Near-field Optical Microscopy (SNOM): Optical imaging with resolution beyond the diffraction limit (60 – 100 nm lateral resolution).