XI Safety TM Inc
We are a Calgary, Alberta, Canada based Health, Environment, Safety and Security Consulting company operating in the Oil and Gas, Power Transmission, Mining and Safety Training typically representing the owning companies or EPCM groups.
Representing Clients With the Most Exacting HESS Standards
At Xi Safety, we pride ourselves on providing the highest standard for loss prevention for our clients. We offer a vast number of services to meet all of our clients’ health, environmental, security, medical, and safety needs. Our personnel are seasoned HESS professionals with strong backgrounds in safety, fire, medical and ultimately, leadership.
Whether your company needs safety training, consulting, management, or safety personnel, Xi Safety has the experience and personnel to meet your safety needs.
Xi Safety is a leading safety consulting, training, and management company in North America. Our personnel are experts in the unique safety, health, and environment needs for your project locations. The primary locations we serve include:
- British Columbia
- North Dakota
Xi Safety’s staff hold top certifications in their respective areas. Some of our designations are listed below:
Health & Safety:
- Journeymen Red Seal
- NCCER Master Trainers
- P. Eng.
- ASET Tech Designations
- Other CECAB designations
- Occupational Nurse
- NFPA Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS)
- NFPA Professional Fire Fighter 1001-1002
- NFPA Strategy & Tactics – Command C5
- NFPA Fire Ground Tactics Pre-Fire Planning C3
- NFPA 472 – Dangerous Goods Technician
- NFPA 1003 – Aircraft Rescue Firefighter
- NFPA 1006 – Rescue Technician
- NFPA 1670 – Technical Rescue Instructor
- NFPA 1021 – Fire Officer
- NFPA 1031 – Fire Inspector
- NFPA 1035 – Public Fire & Life Safety Educator
- NFPA 1041 – Fire Service Instructor
- NFPA 1051 – Wildland Firefighter
- NFPA 1081 – Industrial Firefighter
- Incident Command System (ICS) 300-800B
- DNV – Systematic Cause Analysis Technique (SCAT)
- Tap-Root – Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader
- On-Scene Collision Investigator Level III
We specialize in providing safety consultants, safety personnel, and safety training to many industries throughout the United States and Canada. Many of our personnel have worked in these industries in the past and later become safety experts. The main industries we serve include:
- Oil and Gas
- Major Construction Projects
- Major Infrastructure Projects
- Pipeline Projects
BEST IN CLASS SAFETY IS A JOURNEY THAT IS AVAILABLE TO ALL, TAKEN BY SOME, YET COMPLETED BY AN ELITE FEW. WE WANT TO TAKE YOUR COMPANY TO THE ELITE FEW STATUS, CALL US TODAY.
Walk the talk.
Actions matter more than words. Say what you will do, and do it. Nothing breeds unhealthy cynicism more than leaders who fail to walk the talk. Whenever we perceive that someone is not walking the talk, we will stop work and discuss the matter with them in a spirit of co-operation.
Deliver results the right way.
Getting things done is easy. Getting them done the right way is often more challenging. We hold the safety of ourselves, our peers, clients and stakeholders in the highest regard and will not negotiate on Health, Environment, Safety or Security for the sake of a short term gain. Delivering results matters just as much as how those results are delivered.We will always:
1. Stand up for safety, quality and reliability.
Silence is consent. Failure to act and intervene in a situation we feel is unsafe is worse that if we were carrying out the unsafe act ourselves. We value the courage it takes to speak up about risks when the crowd is blind to them.
2. Remove barriers to working safely.
Safe work outcomes are achieved when workers have the proper tools, materials, safety equipment and procedures in place to do it right the first time. Safety does not get in the way of work when these barriers to working safely are alleviated.
3. Identify problems and deal with them before they become emergencies.
We will evaluate the magnitude of a hazard based on how that hazard could evolve over time or what could happen in a worst case scenario. We would rather stop for something small than get stopped by something much larger.
4. Recognize limitations of equipment, materials and people.
We will optimize within the constraints of equipment, materials, people, the environment and all applicable regulations. People, equipment and materials all have their modes of failure and these must be taken into consideration when planning the work.
5. Comply with all applicable rules and regulations.
We will demonstrate due diligence with respect to all applicable regulations to generate an honest return for each of our stakeholders.
6. Address abnormal conditions with a solution in mind.
Deviations from any baseline, benchmark, working condition or behaviour are signals of an abnormal condition that must be addressed. We will address these situations with a solution in mind, implement it and monitor effectiveness over time.
7. Choose quality, safety and integrity over speed, cost and quantity.
In every industry, the trade off between safety and production will arise. However, we believe that safety and production can feed off each other and become greater than the sum of its parts. We believe the truest rate of return on investment should consider both the direct costs of production and the indirect costs associated with reputation, quality, environmental impacts, and our social license to operate. When the total costs are considered one thing becomes clear: safety is non-negotiable.
8. Consider other options and perspectives as equally valid as our own.
All perspectives are valid: some are more informed, or others have a fresh set of eyes. We value the perspectives that come with experience as much as we do the perspectives that come from a new worker’s fresh set of eyes.
9. Guard our own safety and that of others.
Safety is a value that begins with the individual, regardless of their position within the workplace hierarchy. Everyone has the right to get home safely and enjoy what matters to them the most.
10. Strengthen the weakest link in the chain.
If the learner hasn’t learned, the teacher hasn’t taught. When it comes to safety, teams are only as strong as the least experienced worker in the group. Mentoring and coaching new workers is critical to team success. We believe in supplying the learner with high-quality mentoring and training approaches because if the learner hasn’t learned, the teacher hasn’t taught.