1-day Absolute Basics of GC & GC-MS
- Event Type:
- Workshops/Training Courses
- Oct. 8, 2021
- Cambridgeshire , UK
- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Beginner
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom, with instrument parts & consumables to handle
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £250 + VAT per delegate
What will you learn on this course?
This is a perfect introduction for absolute beginners to gas chromatography and GC-MS. The course will cover the what, why, where, when and how of GC & GC-MS.
- What is gas chromatography, mass spectrometry, a GC or GC-MS?
- How would you use them? How do they work and what is available?
- Why would you use them? How would they help solve your problems and what answers could they give?
- When would you use them? What types of analytes and samples can you use them for?
- Where would you use them? Which applications to answer what questions?
- You will learn about the different types of chromatography
- You will understand the definitions of gas chromatography and mass spectrometry
- You will learn the principles and components of the gas chromatograph
- You will learn about the principles and components of the mass spectrometer
- You will learn the purpose and principles of data analysis
- You will learn about different sampling techniques for GC
- You will learn about a number of industries and their application of GC and GC-MS
Who is this course for?
If you have no or very little knowledge of gas chromatography, are an analyst, technician, engineer or work in sales or marketing and would like to improve your knowledge in this area, then this is the course for you.
This 1-day course is ideal either as stand-alone or prior to attending the Practical Essentials of GC & GC-MS, Complete GC & GC-MS, Hands-on Complete GC & GC-MS or one of our manufacturer-specific Comprehensive courses.