1-day Absolute Basics of Laser Diffraction Analysis (LDA) & Powder X-ray Diffraction (XRD)
This is a perfect introduction for absolute beginners to laser diffraction analysis (LDA) and powder x-ray diffraction (XRD). The course will cover the what, why, where, when and how of LDA & XRD.
- Event Type:
- Workshops/Training Courses
- Jul. 9, 2020
- The Open University
- Milton Keynes , UK
- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Beginner (some basic laboratory experience useful)
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom, with instrument parts & consumables to handle
- Course venue: This course is run on demand - please contact us to book
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £250 + VAT per delegate
What will you learn on this course?
- What is LDA & XRD?
- Why do we use LDA & XRD? How could it help solve problems and what answers could it give?
- When do we use LDA & XRD? What types of analytes and samples can you use KF for?
- How does LDA & XRD work? and what instrumentation is available?
- Where do we use LDA & XRD? Which applications to answer what questions?
- You will learn about the different types of LDA & XRD
- You will understand the definition of LDA & XRD
- You will learn the principles & limitations of the techniques
- You will learn about the principles and components of LDA & XRD instrumentation
- You will learn the purpose and principles of data analysis
- You will learn about different sampling techniques for LDA & XRD
- You will learn about a number of industries and their application of LDA & XRD
Who is this course for?
If you have no or very little knowledge LDA & XRD, are an analyst, technician, engineer or work in sales, then this is the course for you.
This 1-day course is ideal either as stand-alone or prior to attending further bespoke LDA or XRD application development training.