1-day Absolute Basics of Mass Spectrometry Imaging (MSI)
This is a perfect introduction for absolute beginners to mass spectrometry imaging (MSI). The course will cover the what, why, where, when and how of MSI.
- Event Type:
- Workshops/Training Courses
- Jul. 10, 2020
- The Open University
- Milton Keynes , UK
- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Beginner (some mass spectrometry experience useful)
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom, with instrument parts & consumables to handle
- Course venue: This course is run on demand - please contact us to book
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £250 + VAT per delegate
What will you learn on this course?
- What is mass spectrometry imaging?
- Why do we use mass spectrometry imaging? How could it help solve problems and what answers could it give?
- When do we use mass spectrometry imaging? What types of analytes and samples can you use MSI for?
- How does mass spectrometry imaging work? and what instrumentation is available?
- Where do we use mass spectrometry imaging? Which applications to answer what questions?
- You will learn about the different types of MSI (DESI, MALDI & SIMS)
- You will understand the definition of MSI
- You will learn the principles & limitations of the technique
- You will learn about the principles and components of the mass spectrometer
- You will learn the purpose and principles of data analysis
- You will learn about different sampling techniques for MSI
- You will learn about a number of industries and their application of MSI
Who is this course for?
If you have no or very little knowledge of mass spectrometry imaging, are an analyst, technician, engineer or work in sales but have some experience with mass spectrometry, then this is the course for you.
This 1-day course is ideal either as stand-alone or prior to attending further bespoke MSI application development training.