1-day Applied Method Validation
This course engenders a holistic approach to method validation, applicable to all techniques, from start (initial planning) to finish (on-going tracking of performance statistics), including explanations of each important facet, initial data reduction, design of control charts plus on-going monitoring and appraisal. You will have a chance to apply the knowledge learned through practical exercises. The first practical covers method development and will strengthen the thought processes required to build a fundamental robust method. You will consider the five main areas of a method: Sampling and Sample Introduction which has eleven variables to consider, the GC Inlet which has seven variables, the GC Oven which has eight variables, the GC Detector which has nine variables and Data Analysis which has four variables.
- Event Type:
- Workshops/Training Courses
- Jul. 6, 2020
- The Open University
- Milton Keynes , UK
- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation and disciplines
- Teaching method: Face to face classroom with classroom-based practicals
- Course venue: See individual dates for venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £405 + VAT per delegate
What will you learn on this course?
The second practical covers using previously acquired data to design a brand-new Shewhart control chart. You will calculate the Mean, SD, % RSD, % Bias and % Expanded Uncertainty and use conditional formatting to ensure 2s & 3s breaches and trends are automatically highlighted.
- You will gain knowledge in method validation including planning, experimentation, optimisation and control.
- You will learn about method performance and become conversant with many aids to future-proof your methods.
- You will gain practical experience in the design of bullet-proof Analytical Quality Control (AQC) charts and become familiar with the statistics, formulae and conditional formatting therein.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at delegates with some knowledge of GC (or GC-MS) or LC (or LC-MS) and would like to learn more about method validation. Delegates requiring refresher training will also benefit. Whether you are a PhD student developing your research method or you work in a contract laboratory, you will benefit from attending this course!