1-day GC & GC-MS Troubleshooting & Maintenance
First, parts of the system requiring maintenance, how often and how to identify when maintenance is required are covered in detail. Then we look at preparing for problems, how to identify problems and the troubleshooting process. This knowledge, along with the basic knowledge of GC & GC-MS acquired in days 1-3 are then put to the test in troubleshooting chromatograms through the final part of the day.
- Event Type:
- Workshops/Training Courses
- Oct. 15, 2021
- The Open University
- Milton Keynes , UK
- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom, with instrument parts & consumables to handle & chromatograms to troubleshoot
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £280 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
If you are only interested in finding out more about GC and GC-MS Troubleshooting and Maintenance then please attend this one day course.
- You will learn about each part of the instrument requiring maintenance and why
- You will learn how frequently maintenance is required for each instrument part and consumable
- You will learn how to recognise when maintenance is required and why scheduled maintenance is much better than troubleshooting
- You will learn the logical steps of instrument troubleshooting
- You will learn how to break the instrument down into modules and how to troubleshoot each module
- You will learn how to examine chromatograms, identify any problems seen and then determine which part of the instrument could be the cause and gain practical experience of this
Who is this course for?
Before attending this one day course you should have a good knowledge of gas chromatography and the techniques covered in days 1-3.
To gain the full knowledge of gas chromatography it is highly recommended to attend the full 5-day course.