1-day Hands-on Thermal Desorption (TD)
This one day course begins with the theory of thermal desorption, types of samples that can be analysed using this technique, types of tube packing materials and how to collect samples. This knowledge is then used to create TD methods, collect and analyse samples and experiment with parameters to see the effects. This course will cover the thermal desorption of gas-phase and solid-phase samples.
- Event Type:
- Workshops/Training Courses
- Sep. 24, 2020
- The Open University
- Milton Keynes , UK
- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Advanced
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £499 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
- You will learn about and gain practical experience of how to use TD as an automated sample preparation technique for GC & GC-MS in great detail
- You will learn the fundamental theory of TD
- You will learn about the types of samples that can be analysed using TD
- You will learn about and gain practical experience of the various parameters that can be optimised for the technique to improve method robustness and sensitivity
- You will set up and maintain the technique on a live instrument
- You will learn about the individual steps and processes of TD analysis
- You will learn the frequent maintenance and common troubleshooting problems in TD analysis
- You will learn TD tips and tricks
- You will learn about the benefits of using TD in the analysis of your samples
Who is this course for?
This course requires good knowledge of GC or GC-MS.
- Combine with any of the other hands-on sample preparation for gas chromatography and liquid chromatography courses: