2-day Applied Deconvolution (NIST AMDIS)
This two day practical software course on the powerful Automated Mass Spectral Deconvolution and Identification System software mixes 50% presentations with 50% practical exercises using the software to get a good grasp of it`s capabilities in performing deconvolution to process your GC-MS data. If you have complex samples with little chromatographic resolution or you need to check you have no co-elutions in your chromatogram, learn about using your analytical resolution with mass spectral deconvolution to unravel your mixed mass spectra for confirmation or identification of your co-eluting peaks.
- Event Type:
- Workshops/Training Courses
- Jun. 15-16, 2020
- The Open University
- Milton Keynes , UK
- Number of days: 2
- Experience level: Advanced
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using NIST's Automated Mass Spectral Deconvolution and Identification System (AMDIS) software
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals on the software
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £750 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
- You will learn about analytical resolution in mass spectrometry
- You will learn how to operate NIST's Automated Mass Spectral Deconvolution and Identification System (AMDIS) software for the processing of complex spectra
- You will learn how deconvolution works with the AMDIS software
- You will gain practical experience in performing AMDIS deconvolution to obtain cleaned-up mass spectra
- You will learn and gain practical experience in various types of mass spectral deconvolution analysis in AMDIS including Simple, Retention Index and Internal standard methods
- You will learn of the benefits of using AMDIS software for processing GC-MS data
Who is this course for?
If you need practical guidance to help you understand how to use AMDIS software to make the most of your analytical resolution to perform deconvolution and obtained cleaned-up mass spectra, then this is a course for you.