2-day Comprehensive GC Hardware Training (Agilent GC)
The two-day Comprehensive GC Hardware Training course introduces the fundamental theory of gas chromatography along with the set-up, maintenance and troubleshooting of the Agilent GC hardware. The course covers an introduction to gas chromatography, troubleshooting and method development; instrument overview; gases, supply and handling; autosamplers; split-splitless and multi-mode inlets; capillary columns; flame ionisation, electron capture and thermal conductivity detectors. It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with practical hardware lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- Event Type:
- Workshops/Training Courses
- Nov. 22-23, 2021
- The Open University
- Milton Keynes , UK
- Number of days: 2
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; applicable to all Agilent GCs
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory on 7890 or 6890 GCs
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £750 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
- You will learn the theory of gas chromatography and the importance of good chromatography
- You will become familiar with the Agilent Gas Chromatograph and learn about the function & operation of individual GC components
- You will learn the logical steps of instrument troubleshooting and method development
- You will have practical experience of performing maintenance on the GC instrument
- You will review gas supply and gas handling, Agilent autosamplers, Agilent inlets including split-splitless and multi-mode, capillary columns and detectors focusing on FID, ECD and TCD
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Agilent gas chromatographs.
Delegates should have some knowledge of gas chromatography.
Please note that while hands on training will take place on the Agilent 7890 or 6890 the course is suitable for all models of Agilent gas chromatographs.