2-day The GC & GC-MS Clinic
This course looks at how to choose the GC & GC-MS techniques for an application, set-up the instrument, how to develop & optimise methods and then finally how to maintain & troubleshoot the instrument, techniques and method. This advanced course also takes a brief look at advanced techniques to help solve those very tricky or complex applications including Selective Discrimination, Deconvolution, Mass Spectral Interpretation, Two-Dimensional GC (GC+GC & GCxGC) and Chemometrics.
- Event Type:
- Workshops/Training Courses
- Apr. 30, 2020 - May 1, 2020
- The Open University
- Milton Keynes , UK
- Number of days: 2
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom, with instrument parts & consumables to handle, case studies to solve & chromatograms to troubleshoot
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £530 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
The GC & GC-MS Clinic is often taken as a follow-on course from the Practical Essentials of GC & GC-MS, either during the same week or at a later stage, and together they form the Complete GC & GC-MS course.
- You will learn strategies for GC & GC-MS method development.
- You will learn about system optimisation and configuration for GC and GC-MS.
- You will get an introduction to GC & MS advanced techniques
- You will learn to recognise areas requiring maintenance on the instrument.
- You will learn the logical steps of instrument troubleshooting.
- You will troubleshoot problematic chromatograms.
Who is this course for?
If you have reasonable gas chromatography experience or have attended the Practical Essentials of GC & GC-MS or the Complete Hands-on GC & GC-MS courses then please join us for this advanced training.
If you would like to improve your knowledge in a particular area and don't want to attend a 2-day course you can choose to attend individual days from The GC & GC-MS Clinic course.