3-day Comprehensive GC-MS Software Training (Agilent MassHunter for SQMS)
The three-day Comprehensive GC-MS Software Training course introduces the Agilent MassHunter software for instrument control, data acquisition and data analysis focusing on single quadrupole GC-MS. The course covers PC and data system set-up and maintenance; an overview of MassHunter software; tuning methods; creating scan and SIM methods; sequences; qualitative and quantitative data analysis; reports; an introduction to deconvolution; Retention Time Locking (RTL) and method maintenance. It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on software lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- Event Type:
- Workshops/Training Courses
- Nov. 3-5, 2021
- The Open University
- Milton Keynes , UK
- Number of days: 3
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Agilent MassHunter for GC-SQMS
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £1060 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
- You will learn the operation of the MassHunter software
- You will learn set-up, maintenance and have an overview of the software
- You will learn about the types of tuning methods
- You will learn how to create full scan and SIM methods to gain an understanding of each method type
- You will learn how to analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis including deconvolution and library searching
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
- You will have an introduction to deconvolution and learn retention time locking
- You will learn about method maintenance
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation of Agilent single quadrupole GC-MS instruments and data analysis using MassHunter software. This is also an introductory course for those learning the Agilent triple quadrupole mass spectrometer with MassHunter software leading into the 1-day Comprehensive GC-MS Advanced Training (Agilent QQQMS with MassHunter) course.