3rd Annual Microgrid Global Innovation Forum 2016
Global microgrid capacity is expected to grow from 1.4 GW in 2015 to 7.6 GW in 2024 under a base scenario, according to Navigant Research.*The drivers behind this growth range from the need for greater grid reliability and resiliency, to the integration of more renewable energy into the grid -- including distributed solar, wind, biogas, etc. These trends, as well as the need to reduce reliance on fossil fuels and improve the economics of off-grid energy systems, are compelling utilities, municipal governments, rural and island communities, and other stakeholders to look at microgrids and virtual power plants (VPPs) as key strategies for meeting the world`s future energy needs.
- Event Type:
- Nov. 22-23, 2016
- Vieira de Almeida, Av. Duarte Pacheco, 26
- Lisbon , Portugal
The 3rd Annual Microgrid Global Innovation Forum in Lisbon, Portugal, brings together thought leaders, energy executives, and project managers from around the world for two days of intense networking and information sharing concerning the latest technological developments, design, implementation and operation of hybrid renewable energy microgrids. The emphasis is on maximizing the effective use of renewable and distributed energy resources, refining the positive business model for a range of microgrid deployments, and sharing real-world case studies in both grid-tied and off-grid/remote environments.
The event will focus on:
- Microgrid feasibility, design, and implementation
- Refining the business case for off-grid, remote, and island microgrids
- Solar / Wind + storage advances
- Project financing and investor perspectives
- Integration of microgrids into the larger grid
- Determining the correct technology mix for hybrid energy systems
- Advanced battery, fuel cell, and flow battery technologies
- Microgrid power control, management, and integration
- Integrating distributed renewable energy resources into the grid
- Effective project evaluation, implementation, and management
- Regulatory and public policy advances
- Standards and interoperability issues
- Market drivers and opportunities worldwide
- and more!
- Real-World Lessons: The emphasis of the event is on key take-aways from leading microgrid projects in a range of regions and deployment environments
- Executive Networking: Strategic partnerships and alliances will shape the future of this industry. The event will foster interaction among key decision makers and stakeholders across the microgrid spectrum.
- Results Oriented: Ample time is reserved for discussion of technology advances and projects at the forefront of microgrid development. Network with project principals and get up to speed on best practices and success strategies.
- Financing sources: Summit attendees will learn about effectively planning and financing renewable energy and microgrid projects, and network with key investment professionals who are looking to support such projects.
An Open, Cross-Industry Networking Event
This event brings together technology thought leaders, project managers, system integrators, and development advocates for in-depth sharing of insights and experiences to date.
The Forum is a technology-neutral, open industry event for industry professionals and researchers working to optimize hybrid energy systems.
- Microgrid project developers, owners, and entrepreneurs
- Utility and energy provider executives
- Solar PV, wind power, biogas, CHP, and renewable energy companies
- Power control system and software vendors
- Battery suppliers and energy storage companies
- Regulatory and policy development professionals
- Researchers, educators, and professors focusing on sustainable energy
- Financial and VC professionals
- System integrators and project consultants
Sponsorship of the Forum ensures that your technology solution, consulting expertise, services, and thought leadership are positioned prominently to a range of international professionals interested in microgrids.
This is a unique opportunity to target a key group of decision-makers, network managers, utility executives, investors, and energy providers who will be in attendance.
Sponsors receive a range of valuable exposure opportunities for highlighting their involvement in the Forum and maximizing their interaction with attendees. Prominent logo positioning on event website, Tabletop Exhibit space, and an opportunity to distribute corporate information to attendees are just a few benefits of sponsorship.