Clean Energy Expo Asia 2012
The fourth edition of Clean Energy Expo Asia continues to be the premier Trade Fair and Conference in the Asia-Pacific region, bringing together the leading players from the Technology, Services, Finance and Government sectors, in order to address key issues in the areas of renewable energy, energy efficiency and sustainable mobility solutions. To tap on the latest developments in the clean energy sectors in Asia-Pacific, as well as the growing potential of the market in Thailand, Clean Energy Expo Asia will be held in Bangkok, Thailand in 2012.
- Event Type:
- Trade Show/Exhibition
- Sep. 12-14, 2012
- Centara Grand & Bangkok Convention Centre
- Bangkok , Thailand
- Trade Fair – Meet 5,000+ industry professionals from over 50 countries and source for the latest clean energy products and services
- Business Matching – Make appointments with your targeted organisations
- Asian Hosted Buyer Program – Hosted buyers enjoy complimentary flight and/or accommodation
- Technical Site Visit – Gain first-hand insights on clean energy projects
- High Level Conference – Learn from over 100 industry leaders on cutting edge topics and gain expert insights
- Asia Business Policy Roundtable on Clean Energy – Hear about the latest policy developments
- Exhibitor TechTalk – Presentations on the latest sustainable energy solutions
- SME Clinics – Consultation sessions on renewable technologies
- Networking Opportunities – Connect with high profile industry peers
Dong Korn Solar Power Plant
The global warming crisis is now seen as a major threat to the future of the earth. Many organizations including governments and companies in the private sector are involved in addressing this crisis. Generating power from renewable energy sources such as biomass, wind and solar is a viable way to deal with this issue. Gunkul Engineering PCL is well aware of the adverse consequences of this threat. That is why GUNKUL is expanding beyond offering 5,000 types of electrical equipment to become a power producer, generating electrical power from solar energy resources.
One of Gunkul’s Solar Power Plants is located at Dong-Khon, Sankhaburi, Chainat province. It has the capacity of 6.5 MW in an area of 128,000 sq.m. (80 Rais). The plant is located near the rice field which is beautiful and peaceful. The advanced technology used include a 290 W Poly-Crystalline Module, 500kVA Central Inverter. As well as, the designed monitoring system can monitor the plant operation everywhere in the world via internet. The plant generates more than 12 million units per year, and receives 8 baht adder for 10 years with 13 years tax exemption as a subsidy from the Government. Another important advantage of the plant is that it does not generate CO2 emission.
Dan Chang Power Plant
Dan Chang Bio-Energy Co., Ltd. is an affiliate of Mitr Phol Group, located at Dan Chang, Suphanburi Province in the western part of central Thailand, next to a Mitr Phol sugar mill. The power plant utilizes bagasse, byproduct from the sugar mill, producing and supplying steam and electrical power to the sugar mill and an ethanol plant. The excess power is exported to national grid.
It was operated in 2004 as the first biomass power plant of Mitr Phol Group which has a firm power purchase agreement with Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT). Dan Chang Power Plant also helps buy other agricultural waste from farmers such as cane leaves, rice husk, rice straw in order to increase community’s income and reduce burning rate of such waste. Boilers at Dan Chang Power Plant were specifically designed for biomass fuel, equipped with vibration hydro-grate stoker and travelling grate stoker. Ash from biomass consists of two portions, i.e., bottom ash and fly ash. Bottom ash is collected in the furnace under the stoker. And fly ash is removed from flue gas by wet scrubbers system. Currently, Dan Chang Power Plant can export power to national grid up to 55 MW. As a result, it can save fuel oil for power generation up to 100 million liters and reduce the emission of greenhouse gas up to 250,000 ton CO2 equivalent.
- Environmental agencies
- Corporate decision makers
- Government policy makers
- Development banks, commercial and financial institutions
- R&D institutions and education institutions
- Equipment and technology solutions providers
- Suppliers and component manufacturers
- Project Developers
- Legal experts and energy consultants
- Insurance and reinsurance companies
- Leaders and professionals in urban planning and construction
- Green building and construction companies
- Utilities companies and power companies
Products and services you can expect to see at Clean Energy Expo Asia
The Clean Energy Expo Asia 2012 Conference is the “must attend” event in Asia! This 3-day Conference attracts the most influential global thought leaders and gathers clean energy companies looking to do business and create lasting connections in Asia.
Take away strategies you can execute now with:
Plenary Sessions looking at the big picture
- Shaping A Game Changing Business – The Future Of Clean Energy In Asia
- Looking Under The Hood : Technology In Renewable Energy And Sustainable Mobility
- Bridging The Finance Gap
Sector-focused streams addressing key issues
- Spurring the Growth and Developments in Solar
- Winning Ways for Wind Power Harvesting
- Getting Smart From The Grid And Infrastructure
- The New Wave Of Hydro-Power
- Digesting The Innovation Of Waste To Energy
- Unlocking The Bio-Energy Potential
- Charging Ahead With Sustainable Mobility
- Mission Critical Success Factors For Clean Energy Finance
- High Performance Buildings
Some of the thought-leaders to present at CEEA include:
- Asian Development Bank
- Bloomberg New Energy Finance
- Conergy Asia & ME
- GE Energy
- Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Partnership
- Toyota Motor
- United Nation Development Programme
- Mr. Peter Du Pont, Vice-President, Clean Energy Asia, Nexant
- Mr. Kam Ho, Manager - Markets & Strategy, Wind Prospect Asia
- Prof. Joachim Luther
- Mr. Anand Prakash, Managing Director, FE Clean Energy Asia Pacific
- Mr. Yuki Kuboshima, Partner, Deloitte Tohmatsu Consulting Co
- Dr.Twarath Sutabutr, Deputy Director-General, Department of Alternative Energy Development and Efficiency (DEDE), Thailand's Ministry of Energy
- Top-Level Corporate Executives
- Government Policy Makers
- Development Banks and Multi-national Financial Institutions
- Clean Technology Investment Funds and Private Equity firms
- Commercial Banks and Financial Institutions
- Insurance, Risk Management and Re-insurance companies
- Energy providers, Utilities and Telecoms
- Project Developers and Turnkey Solutions Providers
- Sustainable Mobility sector (including Automotive, Maritime and Aviation industry)
- Academics and Researchers from R&D and Educational Institutions
- Managers and Specialists from clean energy equipment and technology solution providers
- Legal experts and Clean Energy Consultants
- Suppliers and Component Manufacturers
- Professionals from Urban Planning and green/ sustainability construction projects
Thailand has pledged to increase the share of alternative energy to 20% of its final energy demand in 2022 as part of its 15-Year Renewable Energy Development Plan 2008–2022. Thailand’s midterm goal to focus on the development of the alternative energy technology industry, as well as to encourage new alternative energy R&D to achieve economic viability and the development of a sustainable ‘green city’ model, bodes well for the alternative energy industry in the region.
Clean Energy Expo Asia offers you an unrivalled opportunity to be part of the ongoing clean energy business negotiations in the region, with the opportunity to shape and secure the future of the global energy market.
Why you should exhibit
- Position your company as the leading brand for future energy solutions in Asia Pacific.
- Do business with clean energy professionals from over 50 countries worldwide.
- Align your brand with an event that has its pulse on global environmental and energy issues.
- Hear from over 100 global thought leaders on cutting-edge topics at our conference, workshops and techtalks.
- Meet with industry leaders, policy and decision makers at high profile networking events.
- Maximizing your time at CEEA by leveraging on our Hosted Buyer Program and detailed, focus pre-event and onsite business matching service to help you fill up your meeting time slots at the event.
Clean Energy Expo Asia is promoted aggressively through international and regional media channels, including:
Focused media placements
- Advertisements in international trade magazines such as Cleantech, ENERGÉTICA India, Green Manufacturing News, North American Clean Energy, Sustain, Argus Media
- Sponsored placements and inserts in international newspapers such as Financial Times and planned supplement in national newspapers such as The Business Times
Targeted direct marketing
- Direct mailers to the clean energy community in Asia
- Telemarketing to prospective delegates and visitors
Intensive online marketing
- Online advertising on industry portals such as Biofuels Digest, Power Alternatives, FINalternatives/ CleanTech Brief, Cleantech Investor, Green Business Times/ Asia Is Green/ Zero Waste SG, China Clean Energy Network
- Search marketing on Google Adwords
- Participation in social media networks such as LinkedIn, wordpress, Twitter
Trade fair participation
- Visits to international clean energy trade fairs and conferences
- Participation in regional industry roundtables and seminars
Extensive industry outreach
- Partnerships with international media organisations
- Support from regional and international associations and government agencies
Regional public relations program
- Reinforce messages on and proactively promote Clean Energy Expo Asia to key target media internationally
- Position Clean Energy Expo Asia as the most comprehensive platform for the sourcing and trading
- of clean energy technologies, services and financing
- Generate third-party endorsement of Clean Energy Expo Asia through positive media coverage of announcements and activities during the event