EBF Open Symposium 2016
EBF was founded in 2006 at the initiative of 12 pharmaceutical companies, all of them having bioanalytical lab activities in Europe. The goal of bringing these companies together was to implement a platform for discussions of science, day-to-day procedures, business tools, technologies and last but not least regulatory issues. Until 2010, EBF membership was limited to companies involved in bioanalytical activities in a pharmaceutical research and development environment in Europe. From 2011 onwards, the EBF welcomed CROs involved in bioanalytical activities in a pharmaceutical research and development environment in Europe. Currently, the EBF counts 51 members (October 2015). Since 2010, the EBF became a non-profit organisation (vzw) established pursuant to the Belgian Act of 27 June 1921 on non-profit associations, international non-profit associations and foundations.
- Event Type:
- Workshops/Training Courses
- Nov. 16-18, 2016
- Hesperia Tower Conference Centre
- Barcelona , Spain
EBF organizes three meeting formats
Focus Workshops: these 1-1.5 days workshops are organized around themes of high or urgent interest for the EBF community or to connect the EBF with adjacent disciplines to create synergy or learn. Themes may be scientific or process related. Focus Workshops are non-sponsored meetings. They are mostly organized within a relatively short lead time and have a frequency of 2-3 times/year. The meetings are announced on www.europeanbioanalysisforum.eu
Open Symposium: Ever since 2008, the EBF organizes a yearly Open Symposium in the 3rd or 4th week of November in Barcelona (Spain). This Open Symposium has become a landmark for bioanalytical discussions in EU and has created a true Forum-like spirit where people meet and open discussions during sessions and presentations contribute to the development of an open mind in bioanalysis
Young Scientist Symposium: Since 2014, the EBF organizes a YSS on the day before the Open Symposium. The format was developed to create a development opportunity for young scientist to engage in international discussions. Creating a peer community of young scientists has been a proven recipe to lower the threshold for engagement in this community of young talents.
EBF is proud to announce the 9th Open Symposium and invites you to join us in Barcelona from 16-18 November 2016.
9th EBF Open Symposium
Reaching Utopia – The Kaleidoscope of Bioanalysis
1st CALL FOR SPEAKERS
For the 9th symposium, we identified 7 themes which should inspire you to take a kaleidoscopic view on Bioanalysis. For each theme, the sub bullets suggest possible session topics. As previous years, we will build the final agenda reflecting your interest, contributions and engagement. Submission will define how some session topics make it into a plenary, a breakout session or a spotlight workshop.
- New game changers on the bioanalytical horizon?
- The place of MS-imaging in quantitative bioanalysis
- Alternative and forgotten technologies applied to modern Bioanalysis
- Advanced therapies – cell & gene therapy
- Regulations a global view on:
- Scientific validation – updates from discussions in industry and areas of application
- Validation of hybrid assays for large molecules
- Biomarkers and validation – an update
- LC-MS of large molecules, including hybridization
- (Even more) sensitive LBA’s
- HRMS the value and challenges of Quan/Qual
- Technologies and the impact of platform changes
- Diagnostics and Near Patient Testing – biomarker assays moving to diagnostics
- Validation of cell-based assays
- ‘to DAR or not to DAR’? What are you doing, why and when?
- Is LC-MS the solution to all questions?
- the E-environment
- Electronic interfaces used in bioanalysis: SEND, e-data, CDS, LIMS, ELN & SDMS
- Data transfers, integrated databases and automated reporting
- What went wrong today?
- Bioanalysis-LLC: The Lesson Learned Corner: e.g. stability, metabolism, interference
- Issues and challenges with going lower and getting smaller
- Abnormal PK(PD) profiles: a BA issue or reality?
You are invited to submit an abstract of your oral contribution to email@example.com before May 27th, 2016. This allow us to publish the agenda before summer. For detailed instructions, click on link Call for Speakers