Emerging Leaders Alliance Conference
This unique cross-disciplinary leadership training conference will provide you, the young groundwater industry professional, the opportunity to develop invaluable skills to not only further your career and help your organization grow, but add to your personal growth as well.
- Event Type:
- Nov. 9-12, 2016
- Falls Church , VA , USA
Leadership — the art, science, and craft of influencing people to accomplish tasks and improve organizations — starts with technical excellence.
At the Emerging Leaders Alliance (ELA) Conference, you will have the chance to learn from, and interact, with a wide variety of professionals from varied backgrounds including those in industry, academia, and government agencies in topic areas such as:
- Becoming an indispensable leader
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Conflict resolution and change management
- Emotional intelligence
- Powerful practices for leading innovation.
A link to this year’s conference program will be posted upon availability.
In addition, conference attendees receive free access to the ELA On Demand, the online library of recorded training sessions from past ELA conferences.
Designed to be of the most benefit to those typically 25 to 35 years in age, the ELA Conference encourages attendance by, but not limited to:
- Industry and government agency employees in rising or current middle management, and technical staff leaders
- University professors with six or more years of experience with aspirations for university leadership positions
- Those with a record of achievement such as through individual contributions (e.g., published papers, awards), organizational success, and/or a member in good standing of a partnering professional society
- Those without access to an internal leadership program in their organization.
ELA is a partnership among leading engineering and science-based organizations that provides high-quality leadership training. Its mission is to provide an interdisciplinary leadership conference for select professionals, promoting the development of great leaders to guide our professions in addressing the needs of people in the 21st century.
NGWA, through its charitable foundation, has been a part of ELA for the past two years. Other participating associations include the American Institute of Mining Engineers, Association for Iron and Steel Technology, American Society of Civil Engineers, NACE — The Corrosion Society, Society of American Military Engineers, Society of Exploration Geophysicists, Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration, Society of Petroleum Engineers, and the Minerals, Metals and Materials Society.