EMS Today 2017
EMS Today is produced by JEMS, the leader in EMS education for over 34 years. EMS Today is a unique - and stimulating - experience for EMS personnel worldwide, and it is supported and fed by the credibility, quality and excellence of JEMS.
- Event Type:
- Feb. 23-25, 2017
- Calvin L. Rampton Salt Palace Convention Center
- Salt Lake City , UT , USA
Who Should Attend?
- Paramedics, EMTs, First Responders
- EMS & Fire Chiefs, Managers, Supervisors
- Fire Service EMS personnel
- Rescue, Tactical, CERT and Special Ops
- Medical Directors and Nurses
- Public Safety and Emergency Mgmt. Officials
EMS Today promises to deliver:
- Quality content that focuses on the future of EMS and new clinical practices
- Relevant and reliable information you can take home and use right away
- Progressive speakers with an eye on the pulse of the industry
- Networking events where you can make new contacts with fresh ideas
- Attendees who are as motivated as you are to advance careers and strengthen skills
- Exhibitors who will demonstrate the newest technology and products to make your job safer and more efficient
- Advanced Clinical Practice
- Community Paramedics
- Basics of Clinical Practice
- Managing Dynamic & Active Threats and MCIs
- Eagles & Street Medicine Society
- Rescue Practices
- Special Topics
Serving the emergency services community, EMS Today provides professionals with a valuable combination of progressive education, developed by industry experts and JEMS contributors, and the latest equipment from leading manufacturers. Emergency services personnel rely on EMS Today to help develop their careers, create networking opportunities and provide an environment where camaraderie, pride of service and dedication to saving lives is celebrated.
Advanced Clinical Practice
Advanced-level content presenting the latest information on advanced patient assessment, clinical care, research, equipment innovations and more.
Basics of Clinical Practice
Topics for all emergency responders, where the information will benefit all levels of EMS responders.
Topics that focus on the development, delivery, funding and integration of programs with the rest of healthcare. Sessions will deliver important assessment and patient care practices to prevent hospital readmissions, keep patient conditions from reoccurring or deteriorating, and prevent unnecessary illness or injuries from occurring.
Eagles and Street Medicine Society
Topics presented by members of the major metropolitan medical directors coalition (AKA “Eagles”) and the Street Medicine Society—a special society comprised of EMS physicians who started out as EMTs or paramedics. Topics in this track will benefit EMS field providers of all levels as well as nurses, EMS physicians, medical directors and EMS administrators.
For managers, supervisors, administrators and EMS executives, these sessions present the latest information to assist agencies and departments with strategies for navigating the rapidly changing healthcare system and EMS landscape.
Managing Dynamic & Active Threats & MCIs
Topics to help you prepare for, respond and execute exceptional care and operations during or after MCIs, including attacks by lone gunmen or terrorist groups.
For emergency responders, training officers, supervisors and managers, these sessions present operational topics ranging from equipment management and vehicle operations to patient care reporting and quality assurance.
Topics designed to introduce, refresh or hone the skills of emergency responders in rescue practices, including vehicle extrication, mountain and rope rescue, water rescue, wilderness EMS, and search and rescue operations.
Topics that are of interest to all emergency response personnel, regardless of their certification level or employer, including dispatch and operations, safety and wellness programs, stress management and suicide prevention, legal issues and career planning.