Global Roundtable 2016
Over the years the GRT has become the key global agenda-setting event on sustainable finance, bringing together hundreds of leaders from all parts of the financial system as well as from civil society, academia, government and the United Nations. The 14th edition of the GRT will build on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Climate Agreement which were successfully agreed to by countries around the world in 2015.
- Event Type:
- Oct. 25-27, 2016
- Dubai , UAE
At this crucial gathering of of global green economy leaders participants will identify ways for the finance community to become catalysts for sustainable, climate resilient development.
The 2016 GRT will ask and answer some of the most pressing questions facing the finance sector today:
- What do the new sustainable development and climate change agendas mean for the finance sector?
- How can the sector become a driver of sustainable development?
- What does Green Islamic finance look like? How can it be up-scaled?
- What leading-edge business opportunities are emerging?
- How are policy and technology innovations changing the future of sustainable finance?
- How can the transition to sustainability in the financial sector be accelerated?
- How can emerging environmental and social risks be better quantified?
The GRT will:
- Offerinsightsinto the role of the global financial sector in addressing the sustainable development and climate change agendas;
- Fosterengagementwith policy makers;
- Stimulatecollaborationamong stakeholders to make change happen;
- Create an international platform forpeer to peer learningabout sustainability best practices;
- Provide financial institutions and regulators with nuts and boltstoolsto make change in their institutions.
For financial institutions concerned with sustainability and UNEP FI members this is an event not to miss. Download the high-level programme.