How to Handle Court Proceedings
The goal of this two-and-a-half-day workshop is to develop understanding on the key legal aspects of EU law on industrial emissions and to exchange views among judges from various Member States regarding this topic. Emphasis will be given to the presentation and the analysis of the Industrial Emissions Directive as well as the new EU Directive on medium combustion plants. By addressing the issues regarding industrial emissions and their relation to other environmental law instruments the workshop aims to facilitate the handling of future national court proceedings relating to this topic.
- Event Type:
- Sep. 23-25, 2019
- Trier , Germany
- Presentation and analysis of the Industrial Emissions Directive (IED)
- Implementation of the IED
- Large combustion plants
- Best available technique (BAT) conclusions
- Public participation in the framework of the IED Directive
- Relevant CJEU case law
- Preliminary ruling procedure
- Case studies on the topics
Judges from all EU Member States who are interested in environmental law and particularly in EU law on industrial emissions.