IHS SPECTRUM Excellence Awards
The IHS SPECTRUM Excellence Awards honor organizations that demonstrate leadership in the use of advanced information systems and best practices to achieve environmental, health and safety (EHS) and sustainability business goals.
- Event Type:
- Jun. 11, 2013
- Houston , TX , USA
Organizations around the world face growing pressure from customers, communities and shareholders to make sustainability performance metrics as transparent as financial performance results and use sustainability information to drive Operational Excellence. If your company is successfully meeting those increased expectations, we hope you’ll enter this year’s IHS SPECTRUM Excellence Awards.
The IHS SPECTRUM Excellence Awards recognize achievement in the use of leading-edge information systems and best practices to develop Enterprise Sustainability Management strategies for:
- Environmental Performance
- Health & Safety
- Operational Risk
- Product Stewardship
- Energy & Carbon
- Corporate Responsibility
Winners are selected based on their projects or programs that have achieved major performance benchmarks in one or more of these EHS&S disciplines. In addition, one IHS SPECTRUM Excellence Award winner is honored at the conclusion of the competition as the Best of the Best.
Established in 2006, the IHS SPECTRUM Excellence Awards have recognized dozens of organizations over the years for their proven success:
- Reducing risks - assuring regulatory compliance and managing dangerous incidents
- Increasing efficiency - streamlining systems and processes to save time and money
- Creating value - strengthening reputation, branding and competitive position.
Companies from the energy, utilities, chemicals, metals and mining, aerospace, automotive and manufacturing industries, as well as government agencies, military facilities and colleges and universities, have all participated in the awards program. Winners have included organizations of many types - global and local, public and private - that have demonstrated how effective information management can drive measurable progress in EHS and Sustainability.
Times have changed in EHS&S. Top professionals used to receive scant attention–inside or outside of their organizations–unless something went wrong. A regulatory violation, chemical spill or worker safety issue resulted in plenty of negative press but there was seldom coverage for a job well done.
Today, however, senior executives are eager to spotlight progress because they know that EHS&S performance is a key factor in their company’s ability to reach its operational and financial goals. More and more companies are actively seeking opportunities to demonstrate their leadership on this front.
The IHS SPECTRUM Excellence Awards were created to help you realize some of those important benefits:
- Good for your organization – Leading stock indexes, industry analysts and non-governmental organizations agree that sustainability performance is a key indicator of operational excellence and business success.
- Good for you – Past winners have told us that receiving an IHS SPECTRUM Excellence Award earned their team greater internal recognition for their outstanding work and was a win for their own career.
- No cost or obligation, and it’s easy – Just send your completed entry form and Award Rules to our committee chair. Within 24 hours, you will be contacted by the Award Committee to confirm that we received your forms. Then we will be back in touch within five business days to schedule an interview call at your earliest convenience. The committee team member who interviews you will write up the award nomination and send it to you for your approval. If you have questions at any time during the entry process, simply contact KC Chartrand, Committee Chair, at +1 301 770-4497. Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern.