International Symposium on Potable Reuse
Covering the latest innovations in treatment and monitoring technology, the new International Symposium on Potable Reuse will attract water industry professionals from around the world, creating an environment that will integrate, shape, and advance the global discourse on direct and indirect potable reuse.
- Event Type:
- Jan. 22-23, 2018
- AT&T Hotel & Conference Center
- Austin , TX , USA
- Water reuse, wastewater, and drinking water treatment professionals
- Water utility management and executives
- Local, state, and federal government agencies
- Water quality specialists
- Public affairs managers
- Scientists & Researchers
- Academics & Students
- Industry Consultants
Opening Plenary Session
Monday 8:30 a.m.
'Fifty Years of Pipe-to-Pipe DPR'
Hear from Pierre van Rensburg from the Windhoek Goreangab Operation Company, Namibia, the world's first, and thus far only, pipe-to-pipe direct potable reuse (DPR) facility. Learn about why DPR was originally utilized, the history of the treatment plant, the treatment processes used, ongoing initiatives for the plant, and what's in store for the future.
An interview with Pierre was recently featured in an AWWA Connections article.
Day 2 Plenary Session
Tuesday 8:30 a.m.
'Potable Reuse: Past, Present, and Future'
John Gaston, Michael Markus, Orange County Water District, Desmond Lawler, University of Texas at Austin
Travel through time and learn about the past, present, and future of potable reuse, featuring America's original potable reuse experience in Chanute, Kansas in 1956.
Conference proceedings will be available online to all registrants, approximately eight weeks after the conference for up to 6 months. A URL will be emailed to all attendees to access the proceedings.
International Symposium on Potable Reuse at-a-Glance
Preliminary Schedule. Content is subject to change.
Sunday, January 21
- 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Registration Open
Monday, January 22
- 7:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. - Registration Open
- 8:30 - 10:00 a.m. - Opening Plenary Session
- 10:00 - 10:30 a.m. - Networking Break
- 10:30 a.m. - noon - Technical Sessions
- noon - 1:30 p.m. - Networking Lunch (provided)
- 1:30 - 3:00 p.m. - Technical Sessions
- 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. - Networking Break
- 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
- Technical Sessions
- 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. - Networking Reception/Poster Session
Tuesday, January 23
- 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Registration Open
- 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. - Day 2 Plenary Session
- 9:30 - 10:00 a.m. - Networking Break
- 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. - Technical Sessions
- 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Lunch on your own
- 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. - Technical Sessions
- 2:30 - 2:45 p.m. - Networking Break
- 2:45 - 4:15 p.m. - Technical Sessions
- 4:15 - 4:30 p.m. - Networking Break
- 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. - Closing Plenary Session