Offshore Technology Conference
The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) is where energy professionals meet to exchange ideas and opinions to advance scientific and technical knowledge for offshore resources and environmental matters. OTC is the largest event in the world for the oil and gas industry featuring more than 2,400 exhibitors, and attendees representing 120 countries. Founded in 1969, OTC’s flagship conference is held annually in Houston. OTC has expanded and globally with the Arctic Technology Conference, OTC Brasil, OTC Asia, and d5. OTC is sponsored by 13 nonprofit organizations in the energy industry, who work cooperatively to develop the technical program. Revenue from OTC directly benefits the membership of these societies.
- Event Type:
- Trade Show/Exhibition
- May 1-4, 2017
- Houston , TX , USA
Browse the OTC 2016 technical program for a glimpse of the learning opportunities. The OTC 2017 technical program will be available in early 2017
OTC gives you access to leading-edge technical information, the industry’s largest equipment exhibition, and valuable new professional contacts. Here’s how:
- Quality: Technical program selected by knowledgeable and experienced professionals.
- Value: See ground-breaking innovations and meet the leading providers of products and services in just four days.
- Convenience: 174 nonstop flights, world-class venues and hotels, and nearby public transportation.
- Easy to Plan: Always the first full week of May every year.
- Networking: Professionals from 120+ countries are there.
- In the World’s Energy Capital: Combine OTC with client meetings, business proposals, and company training.
- Investing Back in the Industry: OTC’s sponsoring organizations use revenue to provide many other important programs for its members, such as training and technical journals.
- Always Something New: Encounter different languages being spoken, never-seen-before technologies, and C-suite speakers that you might not hear anywhere else.
OTC offers key insights by global experts on technological advances, safety and environmentally focused solutions, and economic and regulatory impacts. Here are highlights of the 2017 program:
Updates on World-Class Projects: Low oil prices create the demand for game-changing, lower cost methods, resulting in an environment rich for breakthrough technologies. These advancements fundamentally change what we do – and OTC is the stage where it is presented.
Strategies for Adapting to a Lower Priced Environment: Addressing the effective use of technology and standardization to reduce costs.
New Developments in Major Offshore Basins: Major changes are underway in Mexico and Brazil concerning regulation and development of offshore resources.
Safety and Risk Management: While the transition to a lower cost is critical to the industry, safety and environmental responsibility remain the cornerstones of success.
Offshore Renewable Energy: Designing and developing offshore renewable energy structures and infrastructure.
Digital Revolution: Looking closely at big data and the growing importance of cybersecurity.
The full technical program for OTC 2017 will be posted online in January. To access the historical OTC library of technical papers and presentations click here.