Oman Energy & Water Exhibition and Conference 2017
The Oman Energy & Water Exhibition and Conference will focus on different control policies, quality management, analysis of the most suitable technologies, and effective management of power and water resources. These topics will be addressed by experts in their respective fields and policy makers. The conference ensures a quality knowledge-sharing forum along with an appropriate essence of business opportunities to benefit the organisations today. The programme will feature stimulating presentations, interactive panel discussions and debates on energy issues, policies, technologies, strategies and best practices.
- Event Type:
- May 1-3, 2017
- Oman International Exhibition Center (OIEC)
- Muscat , Oman
The Oman Energy & Water Exhibition and Conference will be the leading force in delivering a platform for the utilities industry to meet, share information on the challenges facing the industry, and discuss solutions for Oman’s energy and water future. It is slated to be the industry’s premier conference and exhibition dedicated to the power generation, renewable and alternative energy and transmission and distribution, as well as water related industries.
From an investor’s point of view, the urgent need to speed up investments in utilities projects will highlight the attractiveness of investments in water and power, where future demand is assured.
The Oman Energy & Water Exhibition and Conference is designed to create a platform for stakeholders to discuss real issues and solutions to the energy and water challenges and opportunities in Oman. It will also discuss ways to improved collaboration among local key sectors in both public and private to share information and to forge joint initiatives in order to achieve a sustainable planning for the future.
Power and water issues are inextricably linked in Oman due to the role desalination plays in providing drinking water to the population. Over the years, due to the robust industrialisation, rising population, increasing personal income, housing starts and continuing government investment in infrastructure projects, the Sultanate’s power and water demand has witnessed a rapid growth. This has led to ambitious programmes to cater to the growing demand for utilities, providing a host of opportunities for private and market sector investors alike.
Oman has a reputation as a trendsetter in the region’s power and water sector, having pioneered the deregulation and liberalisation of the industry to make it attractive for international developers to invest in this strategically vital sector. Policies have been promulgated for the way for privatization of power and water facilities. Focusing on efforts to optimize the utilities sector through regulations and moves towards privatisation. While this remains a work in progress, already a mixture of publicly owned and private companies are operating under the law’s regulation. As well as co-opting the private sector into working with it to address Oman’s growing power and water needs, the government has also made strident efforts to make the infrastructure more efficient. Oman’s utilities sector therefore looks set to retain its position as one of the fastest moving in the region.
Scope for the Utilities Sector in Oman
As Oman’s power and water requirements continue to rise every year, the government is implementing a variety of measures to meet the demand of industry and the country’s growing population. In addition to increasing investment in generation capacity, upgrades and technological improvements are also necessary to maximise the efficiency of power and water transmission and distribution. The government’s decision to move away from publicly owned generation and transmission systems has resulted in a host of opportunities for the private sector.
- Raise your company profile and awareness.
- Showcase your products and technologies and develop new customer bases.
- Gain unique access to the international power generation industries.
- Explore business opportunities and meet new partners in dynamic surroundings.
- Create an unrivalled platform for sales leads and make lasting relationships with customers.
- Gain access to the industry’s most influential decision makers in three days.
- Stay ahead of your competition.
- Meet potential customers face-to-face.
Power Generation & Distribution
- Power Generation
- Power Transmission
- Power Distribution Systems
- Diagnostic Equipment
- Monitoring and Control
- Automation & Control Systems
- Energy Management
- Energy Storage
- Energy Conservation Products and Technologies
- Clean Energy Technologies 'Solar Energy - Wind Energy'
- Self-sustained Commercial and Industrial Energy Solutions
- Waste to Energy Solutions
- Energy Storage
- Research & Development
Green Engineering & Sustainability
- Energy Conservation and Efficiency
- Carbon Management Solutions
- Emissions Monitoring and Reduction
- Environmental Engineering
- Environment Protection
- Environment-Friendly Products and SMART Technologies
- Government and Regulatory Agencies
Water Technologies & Wastewater Solutions
- Water Treatment
- Pipelines, Pipeline Coating Systems
- Water Treatment Chemicals
- Water Coolers & Water Heaters
- Water Savers & Water Scooters
- Water Well Drilling Equipment & Accessories
- Water SCADA Software
- Warming Tapes
- Valves-Gate, Butterfly, Air, Pressure
- Irrigation System
- Sanitary Wares & Accessories
- Agriculture & Horticulture Equipment
- Chlorination System
- Dewatering Equipment
- Waterproofing Products
- Tanks/Reservoir Lining Materials
- Fibre Glass Products
- Manhole Covers
- Micro Tunnelling Equipment
- Sealants - Adhesives
- Leak Detection Equipment
- Water Transmission & Distribution
- Related Products
With hundreds of leading regional and international exhibitors from around the world, the Oman Energy & Water Exhibition and Conference provides visitors a unique platform to:
- View the latest equipment and services from the utilities sector.
- Develop international relationships.
- Generate new business opportunities.
- Gain access to a large number of local, regional and international energy and water technology material suppliers and distributors.
- See the latest products first-hand.
- Source new equipment and services from different countries.
- Meet and network with key decision-makers from Oman and the region.
Visitors to the Oman Energy & Water Exhibition and Conference will represent the highest ranks of the public and private sectors that focus on energy, water and the environment. Senior government officials will attend this event, including ministers, heads of governmental institutions and international diplomatic delegations. CEOs, managing directors, general managers, and other executives who are responsible for their organization’s strategy rank among the event visitors as well.
Other visitors include investors, industry experts and researchers, regional and local media as well as undergraduate and postgraduate students from educational institutions in the Sultanate of Oman. Professionals who will be there including engineers, managers, technicians, contractors, consultants, developers, investors and decision-makers in the following categories:
- Government Agencies
- Power Companies
- Oil & Gas Companies
- Construction and Development Companies
- Large Industrial Companies
- Power Production Companies
- Service and Maintenance Providers
- Distributors and Retailers
- NGOs and Municipalities
- Water Authorities and Regulators
- Industrial Water Users
- City Planners and Architects
- International Organizations and NGOs
- Development Agencies
- Plant Operators
- Engineering Companies
- Technology Providers
- Researchers and Scientists
- Stakeholders from Power/Desalination Plant Projects.
- Private/Public Water & Electricity Companies & Authorities.
- Government Bodies Responsible for Regulation & Policy Making.
- Master Planners & Developers for IPP/IWP/IWPP Infrastructure.
- Contracting Firms for Power, Water Projects.
- Companies/Organizations Financially Investing in IPP & IWPP.
- Engineering & Design Consultancies.
- Financial & Legal Advisory Companies.
- Technical Leaders for Industrial Power & Water Industries.
- Business Development,
- Sales, Marketing,
- External Affairs,
- International Marketing,
- Product Development,
- Instrumentation and Automation,
- Tendering, Engineering, Proposals, etc.
- Utilise the experience of the private sector to develop local expertise and fulfil your Omanisation targets more effectively.
- Educate your customers on how they can contribute towards energy efficiency and water conservation from their homes to reduce wastage and improve billing accuracy.
- Evaluate the latest clean and renewable energy products, technologies and services from market leaders to ensure you invest in a cost-effective strategy for your organisation.
- Receive updates from utility project owners on current and future tenders to align your organisation with stakeholder requirements.
- Hear case studies from key international utility providers to benchmark your organization’s goals and objectives in relation to energy and water efficiency and conservation.