PE402- Preparatory Course for the Professional Practice Exam (PPE) - Distance Lea Courses
Research has shown that preparatory courses can improve examination success rates. Taught by experienced instructors, OSPE`s most popular course explains the professional practice and legal concepts and issues for the engineering profession to help you prepare for the examination and increase your chances of success.OSPE`s PPE Preparation courses are designed to help applicants for P.Eng. licensure in Ontario prepare effectively for the Professional Practice Exam (PPE), as administered by Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
- Event Type:
- Workshops/Training Courses
- Oct. 24, 2016
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
The Distance Learning Approach
The distance learning approach allows participants to study using various learning methods, thus, enabling participants to learn and absorb content using several interactive learning modes. Enrolling into a distance learning program not only allows participants to study at their own pace but this method adds flexibility to the learning program in terms of how participants will manage their study time.
It is essential that the participants be self motivated to complete this distance learning program. It is also beneficial for participants to complete some self-study before taking the course, including review of information on the PEO website and reading the recommended textbooks.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the Canadian legal system including tort law, contract law, business organizations, legal duties of engineers, professional liability, construction law, competition law, property law, employment law, human rights and harassment
- General knowledge and understanding of the Code of Ethics, an engineer's ethical duties, an engineer's professional status and the regulation of the profession, product liability and safety, professional misconduct and disciplinary procedures
- A method to approach questions on the PPE exam
- A method to answer questions on the PPE exam
- Review of sample questions and previous exam questions
Milestones / What to Expect:
- October 14: Registration closes and course manuals are mailed.
- October 24, 7-9pm: Plenary session / introductory webinar (MANDATORY). Agenda and login details will be issued the week prior to course commencement.
- November 28, 7-8pm: Virtual classroom (MANDATORY). Question and answer period.
THE OSPE GUARANTEE:
If you do not pass the exam on your first attempt after taking OSPE's PPE Preparation course, OSPE welcomes you to take the course again within a year at no cost to you!
Paula Puddy LL.B. M.B.A., is the owner of Vantage Professional Development, a training and consulting firm that teaches lawyers business skills such as client development, marketing, customer service, financial statement analysis. She also teaches law to professionals including engineers, dentists and chiropractors. Paula was called to the Ontario Bar in 1998 and practiced civil litigation at a London Ontario law firm for several years. Subsequently, she obtained her MBA from the Richard Ivey School of Business, graduating with honours. After graduation, Paula taught an introductory business course with Ivey’s pre-business program at the University of Western Ontario. Upon completion of her teaching contract, Paula started her own company, Vantage Professional Development, which combined her enjoyment of teaching with her legal background and business knowledge. Since then, Paula has facilitated hundreds of skill-oriented workshops throughout Ontario and Canada for various groups of professionals.
David House, P.Eng., M.B.A., currently instructs several business courses for the Richard Ivey School of Business, the Faculty of Engineering and the Faculty of Science. After obtaining a Bachelor of Engineering Science at the University of Western Ontario, he received his professional engineering designation in 1990. David was employed in the automotive industry in numerous roles as an engineer and in management. In 2000, David obtained his MBA. Since then, David has taught several courses at Western University including a compulsory full year business course to fourth year engineering students. He has won several awards for excellence in teaching. David is currently a member of the Ontario Society of Professional Engineers.
OSPE reserves the right to cancel a course no later than seven days prior to the course start date. If the course is cancelled, a full refund will be issued. OSPE is not responsible for travel arrangements and accommodation costs, or any associated cancellation/change fees. Please contact us at 1-866-763-1654 to confirm that the course is running before making arrangements for travel and accommodations. Please review our Course Cancellation, Withdrawl and Refund Policy before registering for a course.