Practical Management and Control of Landfill Gas
The course follows a logical sequence of formally taught sessions, informal group discussions and tutor-supported exercises based on real landfill gas management scenarios. It gives both technical and non-technical employees a sound level of theory together with practical experiences and case study examples directly related to their work activities.
- Event Type:
- Workshops/Training Courses
- Nov. 21-22, 2017
- Northampton , UK
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- understand how and why landfill gas is produced, what effects it can have on the natural and built environment and best practice in managing the gas
- confidently, safely and cost-effectively manage and control those aspects of landfill gas that you are responsible for, including best practice design, installation, operations and monitoring
- compare a full range of different landfill gas management and treatment systems and infrastructure and understand their application and opportunities
- appreciate the implications of the regulatory and legal framework and how to remain compliant.
This course is suitable for a wide range of people who have responsibility for design, installation, management and regulation of landfill gas control systems and anyone who requires an in-depth and clear understanding of the technical and managerial issues. Past attendees have included site and system managers, monitoring technicians, engineers, treatment system operatives, site managers, specialist services providers, enforcement officers and planners.