PWX Expo - 2020
PWX provides a first-class multimodal learning experience designed for professionals at all levels and across the entire spectrum of public works. Come prepared to see, hear, touch, and discuss in a variety of traditional and interactive sessions, seminars, workshops, and networking opportunities. Attendees can also spend time on North America`s largest exhibit floor for public works equipment and services - we`ve carved out generous portions of non-compete time so you don`t miss any sessions. Kick tires, talk about technology, or get the scoop on new products. To take advantage of everything PWX has to offer with more than 5,000 public works colleagues from North America and beyond, meet us in New Orleans!
- Event Type:
- Trade Show/Exhibition
- Aug. 30, 2020 - Sep. 2, 2020
- Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
- New Orleans , IL , USA
PWX draws thousands of public works professionals from all over the world. If you're like many, you have limited resources for professional development, so you've chosen APWA's PWX 2020 in New Orleans as your preferred venue for:
- Outstanding education sessions that address current public works issues—as well as ongoing challenges. Choose from more than 125 technical and professional development sessions that will be presented by your colleagues—who will impart their vital knowledge and experience to you. APWA's education sessions are based on the very latest learning models—classroom, interactive and 'live' learning labs.
- The chance to see an extensive gathering of exhibitors and The Expo Experience that will showcase the latest products, services and technologies specific to public works. Special 'non-compete' hours allow you to visit the floor—uninterrupted.
- Opportunities to network with your peers, hone your leadership abilities and learn new job skills. APWA offers PWX attendees MANY opportunities to meet and mingle with your peers—the Get Acquainted Party, Awards Ceremony and more! Build lasting professional relationships and make a few lifelong friends at the same time.
At APWA's booth on the exhibit floor, our goal is to provide attendees with an environment where each of you can meet public works experts, network with your peers and stay up-to-date with the latest happenings in public works. We've added so much, you might have a hard time leaving! Don't worry, we'll also have knowledgeable APWA Staff available to answer your show questions and provide you with information on APWA products and programs.
- Public Works Directors
- Superintendents and Managers
- Directors and Managers of Operations and Operations Personnel
- City and County Engineers
- Consulting Engineers
- Construction Directors and Managers
- Solid Waste Managers and Coordinators
- Public Fleet Directors and Managers
- Public Facilities and Grounds Directors and Managers
- Water Services Directors and Managers
- Streets/Roads/Bridges Directors and Managers
- Transportation Directors and Managers
- Stormwater and Flood Control Directors and Managers
- Emergency Management Directors and Coordinators
- City Planners
- Sustainability Specialists
- Anyone else whose responsibilities are public works-related
- Career & Personal Development
- Construction Management
- Emergency Management
- Engineering & Technology
- Fleet Services
- Parks & Grounds
- Snow & Ice
- Solid Waste
- Stormwater/Flood Control
- Traffic Engineering
- Water & Wastewater
Over the next several months, the XPR Program Committee will be reviewing proposed presentations and selecting the program for PWX 2020. The program will be posted in spring 2020.
APWA's goal for the PWX Education Program is to create an event where you can make meaningful connections and discover and produce game-changing insights and solutions.
APWA knows the challenges and opportunities facing public works are unprecedented. The speed of social and technological change places an enormous responsibility on you to proactively provide and maintain the infrastructure needed for your community’s growth and well-being.
You need a PWX experience that will help you gain new perspectives, exchange ideas and participate in important and thought-provoking discussions on the shape of things to come.
We need you to arrive in New Orleans prepared to ask the essential questions and share your views and ideas. Start thinking now about:
- What challenge are you facing that a solution seems out-of-reach?
- What leadership qualities, skills, and resources are needed to lead and manage the modern public works department?
- What innovations and solutions has your agency implemented that would help the whole profession provide better public works services?
- What are your blind spots? Are you open to fresh and broader perspectives?
- What is your vision for the future of public works?
- Can innovation be learned?
- What’s coming? Do you have any hunches or visions for what the next technological advancement will be?
- How should we be providing public works infrastructure and services that are resilient and sustainable?
- Don’t stop there – what else is on your mind? We’re counting on you to show up eager to ask smart questions and to join your colleagues in imagining the future your communities deserve!
APWA is committed to helping you learn from each other, and the PWX 2020 Education Program will include opportunities for you to make intentional connections.
We’ll still cover the basic public works interest areas including leadership, professional development, emergency planning and response, streets/roads construction and maintenance, traffic engineering and active transportation solutions, engineering and technology, water/wastewater, stormwater, fleet services, solid waste management, facilities construction and maintenance, grounds maintenance and urban forestry, sustainability and resiliency, and utility and right-of-way management.
And, don’t worry—for those of you wanting more structured learning, we’ll still have plenty of traditional conference offerings too. BUT the profession needs step outside of its box. APWA’s mission is to provide you with the tools needed to mobilize the collective wisdom of the public works profession.
PWX will evolve with each succeeding year. In 2020, we’ll be trying out more new formats and we’ll continue to experiment with other trending ideas based on your feedback and recommendations.