RockWorks Workshop 2018
This is a classroom workshop designed for beginning, intermediate, and advanced users of RockWorks. All industries are welcome; applications for civil engineering, environmental, mining and petroleum industries will be discussed.
- Event Type:
- Workshops/Training Courses
- May 23-24, 2018
- Golden , CO , USA
Join RockWare in Golden for a FREE (yes, free) two-day short course covering RockWorks17.
Join RockWare in Golden for a one-day hands-on training workshop using the Surfer software. Whether you are a new or experienced user or somewhere in between, you will get useful tips and helpful workflow procedures for creating maps and analyzing your data.
** If the dates above conflict with your schedule, click below to get information about other Surfer workshop dates and custom training:
- Notify me when another workshop date is announced.
- Contact me with information about custom training.
This short course focuses on the analysis and visualization of all kinds of XYZ data. Informative lectures alternate with hands-on exercises illustrating key concepts to provide you with valuable experience analyzing your data.
The following questions will be discussed:
- How do I use the new features in Surfer?
- How do I display the spatial distribution of my data?
- How do I choose the right gridding method?
- Should I use a variogram to analyze my data?
- How do I create and edit my contour maps?
- How do I add base maps to locate my points and cultural information?
- What do I do if my data are contained within an irregular boundary?
- How do I use grid math?
- How do I perform trend surface analysis and calculate residuals?
- What should I do when visualizing my data in three dimensions?
- How do I calculate volumes?
- What tips and tricks should I know?
- How do I avoid common pitfalls?
Instructor Tom Bresnahan brings over 20 years of Surfer technical support experience to the class. He has presented courses to a number of groups including petroleum companies, environmental companies, government agencies, regulatory agencies, and professional associations.
Don’t miss this opportunity to improve your Surfer skills!