Summer Course on European Data Protection Law
- Event Type:
- Workshops/Training Courses
- Sep. 9-13, 2019
- Trier , Germany
- The implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GPDR): (extra-)territorial, personal and material scope, key features
- Protection of citizens’ digital rights and available remedies in practice
- How to build a compliance strategy on personal data protection?
- What is the role of Data Protection Officers (DPOs)?
- Data protection authorities’ tools for consistent GDPR implementation: One-Stop-Shop, consistency mechanism, enforcement powers and harmonisation of sanctions, role of the European Data Protection Board (EDPB)
- The EU toolkit for international data transfers
- Social media, big data, cloud computing, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Alternatively participants can choose a visit to the National Data Protection Commission (CNPD) in Luxembourg. Participants can choose between a visit to the CJEU or CNPD. The number of places is limited for practical reasons. The places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Who should attend?
Lawyers in private practice, in-house counsel, EU and national civil servants seeking an introduction to European data protection law.