Waste Expo 2013
For 45 years, WasteExpo has been North America`s largest solid waste and recycling tradeshow serving both the private and public sectors. With over 550 exhibiting companies, 40 conference sessions and workshops and over 11,000 total participants, no other show comes close to the size and scope of WasteExpo. Whether you come from the public sector, a small, medium or large private sector waste services company or a manufacturer or supplier, WasteExpo is your once-a-year event!
- Event Type:
- Trade Show/Exhibition
- May 21-23, 2013
- Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
- New Orleans , LA , USA
Is WasteExpo right for you?
Whether you are from the private sector, a small, medium or large public sector waste management company, or a manufacturer or supplier, from the US or abroad, WasteExpo brings the entire industry together!
99.6%** of WasteExpo Attendees would recommend the show to a colleague
*Source: WasteExpo 2011 Post-Show Attendee Survey
You'll be among professionals from all levels and facets of the solid waste and recycling industry including:
- Waste Services Companies (including Private or Publicly Traded waste services companies, Landfill Owners/Operators, Independent Contractors)
- Government Officials (including Municipalities, County Agencies, Regional Authorities, Special Districts, State and Federal Governments, and Public Landfill Sites)
- Composters and Compost Professionals (including Private and Public sector Facility Managers and Owners, Marketers, Regulators, Consultants)
- Organics Recycling Professionals (including corporate sustainability mangers, consultants, Green Waste Haulers, and Public Sector Organics Professionals)
- Anaerobic Digestion Professionals (including System and Technology providers, Equipment providers, Facility Managers, Consultants, Government Officials, and Zero Waste advocates)
- Waste Generators (Businesses and Organizations that Create Waste in Manufacturing, Retailing and/or Providing Services)
- Recycling Firms (including Secondary Materials Processors, Contractors and Recyclers)
- Consulting Engineering Firms (including Consultants, Architects, Research and/or Development Organizations)
- Trucking Professionals – including Fleet Owners, Operators and Maintenance Professionals
- General Contractors
- Healthcare Waste Professionals – including Healthcare Waste Generators, Transporters and Service Providers; Manufacturers, Distributors and Users of Healthcare Waste Products; and Federal, State and Local RegulatorsLandfill Professionals
- Landfill Professionals – including Private and Public Sector Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) Landfill Owners/Operators/Engineers and MSW Equipment Suppliers
- Equipment Manufacturers
- Distributors and Dealers
- Legal, Insurance, Financial Firms
- Associations and Publications
- 34% Owner/President/CEO
- 23% Sales/Marketing Manager
- 16% Operations Manager
- 7% Corporate Manager
- 5% Environmental Engineer/Consultant
- 3% Maintenance/Fleet Manager
- 3% Health & Safety Officer
- 1% Equipment Operator/Driver
- 8% Other
*Source: WasteExpo 2011 Post-Show Attendee Survey
The WasteExpo exhibit hall provides you with the opportunity to interact with over 500 exhibitors showcasing the latest equipment and technology the industry has to offer. This is your once-a-year chance to get hands-on experience and personal consultations with the best in the business.
To you it’s more than a job. You’re willing to do whatever it takes to improve your business and care for the environment.
At WasteExpo, we understand what you need and have assembled an impressive roster of exhibitors who are experts in new technologies and best practices that will help you do your job more effectively and efficiently.
We are in the age of cut budgets and reduced travel. But there are distinct advantages to attending an out-of-town event or tradeshow. So if you need help convincing your supervisors that you should attend WasteExpo, here are some tips and facts to help you make your case to be a part of largest event in North America serving the solid waste and recycling industry.
If you need help, review the facts below, or provide this letter to your supervisor.
Only at WasteExpo 2013 will you:
See an exhibit hall packed with over 500 leading suppliers showcasing the latest equipment and technology in the solid waste and recycling industry that will help you do your job more efficiently and save your company/department time and money
Touch the most innovative products in the solid waste and recycling industry
Visit the Technology Pavilion and Trucks Components and Supplies Pavilion
Attend WasteExpo’s comprehensive conference sessions and workshops and learn about all aspects of the solid waste and recycling industry
Network and connect with colleagues from around the world
Attend co-locating conferences providing industry-specific information: the Healthcare Waste Conference (formerly the Medical Waste Conference), the Waste Training Institute, and the Fluid Power Conference & Expo
And so much more!
Tradeshows provide the unmatched opportunity for you see and touch products from hundreds of vendors at once and the only place for you meet with direct representatives as well as get instant feedback from your peers. In addition, a year’s worth of education and training is packed into just 3 days. So, when you consider how much you can get done in a few days, attending WasteExpo is an extremely cost-effective option to enable you to save your company/agency money or help them make more money.
Research shows that face-to-face meetings are an important part of our culture.
95% see face-to-face meetings as the key to success for long-term relationships.
89% considered meetings essential for “sealing the deal.”
82% say meetings are most effective for negotiating important contracts.
Source: Harvard Business Review
85% of respondents said face-to-face meetings build strong business relationships.
77% cited the ability to read body language and facial expressions as important to business relationships.
75% valued the social interaction and ability to bond with clients and colleagues at in-person meetings.
Source: Forbes Insights
Executives and business travelers estimate that 28% of current business would be lost without in-person meetings.
Nearly 40% of prospective customers become new customers with an in-person meeting, (versus 16% without such a meeting).
Businesses experience an average $12.50 in increased revenue and $3.80 in new profits for every dollar invested in business travel.
Executives cited conference and trade show participation returns ranging from $4.00 to $5.99 per dollar invested.
Source: Oxford Economics Business Travel Study; Oxford Economics, 2009
Face-to-Face meetings, including tradeshows, build strong business relationships, so take this opportunity to be a part of the solid waste and recycling community at WasteExpo.
There is simply no replacement for the power of a face-to-face meeting. Register for WasteExpo today!
If you're looking to reach key buyers and decision makers representing the private sector, public sector/municipalities and waste generators, waste processors, dealers/distributors, and all other segments of the industry, then WasteExpo is the only event you need to exhibit at!
Attendees count on WasteExpo's exhibitors to provide them products and services in over 90 categories including:
- Business Services
- Collection & Transfer
- Computer Hardware & Software
- Construction & Demolition
- Fleet Safety
- Hazardous Waste Equipment & Services
- Hydraulic Components
- Landfill Equipment & Services
- Material Handling
- Medical & Infectious Waste
- Odor Control Equipment
- Recycling Equipment & Companies
- Recycling Systems
- Refuse & Recycling Equipment
- Refuse Truck Bodies and Chassis
- Safety Equipment
- Transportation Management Logistics
- Truck Equipment
- Waste Services Companies
- Waste-to-Energy Products & Services
- Wastewater Treatment
- Wireless Communication