WEFTEC, the Water Environment Federation’s Annual Technical Exhibition and Conference, is the biggest meeting of its kind in North America and offers thousands of water quality professionals from around the world the best water quality education and training available today. Also recognized as the world’s largest annual water quality exhibition, WEFTEC’s massive show floor provides unparalleled access to the field’s most cutting-edge technologies and services.
- Event Type:
- Sep. 26-30, 2015
- McCormick Place
- Chicago , IL , USA
It is the largest annual water quality event in the world. Curtis Smalley, City of Waco, says, 'Everyone in the industry needs to attend WEFTEC at least once, but then WEFTEC is like potato chips, you can't go just once!' Need we say more?
Getting the ‘Go Ahead’
Due to reduced budgets and increased expenditure scrutiny, WEFTEC recognizes it is no easy task to secure approval for a training event. Check out these Employer Approval Tips to help guide your request to attend WEFTEC 2015. In addition, Rob McElroy, General Manager of Daphne Utilities in Alabama, in conjunction with WEF’s Technical Programs department, developed a series of forms and instructional information to assist employees with the attendance approval process. Watch the YouTube presentation by Mr. McElroy.
If it’s numbers you want, WEFTEC 2014 featured:
- 87 years of success,
- 31 workshops,
- 145 technical sessions,
- More than 300,00 ft2 of exhibition space,
- More than 1,000 presentations and posters,
- 1.2 Continuing Education Credits available,
- 16.5 Professional Development Hours available,
- Up to 8 Contact Hours per day available, and
- Up to 28 concurrent technical sessions over 3 days
1,000,000 Ways to Make WEFTEC Unique for You
While WEFTEC is the largest annual event for water quality professionals, it is also a highly specialized event for you. There are 23 focus areas of continuous education to help focus on your training needs.
- Collection Systems
- Disinfection and Public Health
- Energy Production, Conservation, and Management
- Facility Operations and Maintenance, and Wastewater Treatment
- Global Perspectives
- Industrial Issues, Including Mining and Petro-Chemical Industries
- Leading Edge Research and Innovation
- Membrane Technologies
- Modeling, GIS, Computer Applications, Instrumentation, and Automation
- Odors and Air Emissions
- Public Officials
- Regulations and Public Communication
- Residuals and Biosolids
- Small Communities and Decentralized Systems
- Stormwater, Green Infrastructure, and Wet Weather
- Sustainability, Climate Change, and Resource Recovery
- Urban Systems
- Utility Management, Leadership, and EMS
- Water Reclamation and Reuse
- Water Supply and Management
- Water Quality, Groundwater, and Watershed Management
The WEFTEC Mobile App provides easy-to-use interactive capabilities to enhance your show experience. If you have a tablet or smartphone, or any other handheld web-enabled device, you can build your schedule and plan your time at WEFTEC on the go – anywhere, anytime!
New for 2015! The WEFTEC Mobile App is now part of the WEF Events App. All WEF Events will automatically be loaded to the WEF Events App when available. Simply activate each show to begin planning your exhibit and event visits. Scan the QR code below to get WEF Events and activate WEFTEC 2015.
Also recognized as the largest annual water quality exhibition in the world, the expansive show floor provides unparalleled access to the most cutting-edge technologies in the field; serves as a forum for domestic and international business opportunities; and promotes invaluable peer-to-peer networking between its more than 22,000 attendees.
WEFTEC has shown continual growth for both the technical program and exhibition. WEFTEC 2014, which was held in New Orleans, set a new exhibition record and was the largest showing for WEF in the Crescent City. WEFTEC 2015, which will be held in Chicago, is expected to be an equally successful event.