When the Heat is On: Nov 1-2, 2016
- Event Type:
- Workshops/Training Courses
- Nov. 1-2, 2016
- Bellevue , WA , USA
The focus for Day 1 is communication skills for those occasions when there is time to prepare in advance of the event. Day 1 covers:
- Having open discussions on controversial topics such as environmental risk management.
- The reasons why environmental risk and other controversies present unique and difficult communication challenges.
- Audience analysis.
- Developing effective formal briefings (using three different models).
- Writing effective one-page briefing sheets.
- Delivering a motivational speech when you need to inspire action.
- Individual practice sessions reinforcing skills learned.
Day 2 focuses on skills for occasions when you have to speak 'in the moment'.
- Setting up presentations in a public meeting for success.
- Five models for handling impromptu speaking, especially when yours is a ‘hot’ topic.
- Handling the media interview.
- PowerPoint® and other media skills that work.
- Stagecraft and non-verbals that professional speakers use.
- Practice sessions reinforcing the skills learned.